This Thing Looks FUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Thing Looks FUN!

I stumbled across this while checking out ATVs. I'll be moving next month to rural Colorado, where there is almost no traffic, and the paved roads (between towns) are curvy, banked, and scenic, but also very smooth and well-maintained. Once I get all settled in, I've been thinking about some kind of fun vehicle for sunny weekend drives, but it would need to be way more exciting than a Mustang and way less expensive than a Jaguar F-Type.

Part of me just knows that I MUST have this thing. Price isn't bad, either.

The only thing that I'm sure is going to kill it for me is getting in and out of it. I'm a large dude, even as far as large dudes go. Still, I wonder if I should go find one and try to sit in it, just to end the internal debate going on inside of my head right now.

Feel free to try to talk me into it or talk me out of it. Or, just enjoy the video.

if i had access to some mountain roads, i'd be thinking two wheels, not four

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      if i had access to some mountain roads, i'd be thinking two wheels, not four
      This one has three.

Motorcycles don't appeal to me. I'm sure they're fun, but I do want something with a full seat, steering wheel, and seatbelt. I'm not saying this thing is "safe" by any standard, but it surely is safer than a motorcycle.

Plus, no way my old lady would get a bike, so we could both ride in this thing.

Comment

Do it! Just so you can take me on a joy rides when we visit!

Comment

Ariel atom!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            Ariel atom!
            Pretty cool, but they start at twice the price, and the idea of Polaris having dealers all over the country makes me feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I am on the fence on these things cause of my dislike of Polaris in the past. That said, I really want to test drive one. Has a lot of potential.

Comment

That looks like a blast. Go for it, man!

But don't count a Mustang out! lmao
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm finding posts online of big dudes claiming to fit just fine. Oh boy.

Comment

Reminds me of those Can Am things. Not really diggin it, especially at $20K+

Comment

If you dont care about lap times, actual track performance or comfort it does look like a blast. Not my preference, and way overpriced IMO, but looks fun if youve got money to piss away.

Why wouldnt you want something mkre off road if youre rural? Like a badass SXS?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Reminds me of those Can Am things. Not really diggin it, especially at $20K+
                        I think the only similarity is the number of wheels. You sit on a Can Am. It has handlebars. No seat back or seat belt. This thing is more like a grown-up version a go-cart. More like a T-Rex, but a lot cheaper.

Comment

Just go find you an old school Honda Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            If you dont care about lap times, actual track performance or comfort it does look like a blast. Not my preference, and way overpriced IMO, but looks fun if youve got money to piss away.

Why wouldnt you want something mkre off road if youre rural? Like a badass SXS?
                            I absolutely will have an ATV, maybe two. I don't like side-by-sides much. I already have a 4x4 truck modded specifically for the trails up there. It's too big for some of the trails, which is why an ATV will fit the bill, even better than a side-by-side. For trail riding, I do prefer to ride on vs in.

This would strictly be for the pure fun factor. All of the offroad stuff is a given. Something like this would add a whole new dimension of excitement on top of that. We'll be working at home and most likely getting rid of two of our three vehicles, just keeping the truck. We've thought about a Mustang or a Vette as a second vehicle, but since it won't get driven much, and we have our big comfy truck already, I'd like to have something more specific to creating adrenaline-fueled smiles on trips into town for dinner and a movie.

I would never consider having one here, or any other busy city. It wouldn't even be fun. But the roads I would take it on look a lot like the ones in that video.

Comment

Mv Agusta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X