I'd like to have that one back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to have that one back...

still my favorite car I've ever owned...

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Is that the 2.3T swap car?
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I remember it! On emerald in 98!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Yeah, that was a badass car.

I've got a few I'd like to have back.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Is that the 2.3T swap car?
          it had three different combos in it...

cleaned up E7's, E303, xcelerator intake, Tremec, 4.10's went 12.67 @ 105

then it got a 2.3t swap. ported head, ported E6, fresh bottom end with forged TRW's, T5, etc. I FINALLY got that combo dialed in after a couple weeks, and I had somebody offer me what I considered a stupid number for the entire powertrain setup with harness, etc. literally on the day that I got it dialed in.

So I hung up the phone and started pulling it.

it went back together with another 302, ported GT40's, B303 with 1.7's (I had a bigger cam, but P/V was too tight, and I needed it running ASAP, so in went the Bernie cam LOL), victor Jr, T5, etc.

By then I had pulled a stupid amount of weight out of the car, and it weighed about 2600lbs with the iron headed small block and a pair of LX buckets. I never got that combo to the track, but it was a fucking riot on the streets. The guy I sold it to went 11.85 in it a couple weeks after I sold it to him.

It was the first car I ever "built". I drove that thing to Colorado, New Mexico, etc. Loved and lost a couple good women, met my wife when I had it. Even took her to the street races one night after I got the 2nd V8 combo in it.

There's just a lot of nostalgia wrapped up in that car for me. It's still out there, but it's too far gone and too whored out to resurrect. But I'd sure love to find another one. I had that super low mile white wagon, but it was maybe a little too clean to really tear into. This one was just the perfect amount of light patina, but overall really straight and clean.

ahh to be young again

Comment

I remember that one from the street races, way before we ever met.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

it was a brief mini-legend there for a minute...

my favorite night was at the gravel pit spanking the shit out of some kid with a new LT4 anniversary camaro over and over... he kept finding excuses for why his top dog camaro kept getting beat, so he kept coming back for more.

after hot-lapping his ass 4 times in a row, I pulled in where everybody was hanging out and called out some dude in a viper in front of everybody. He declined. And that was just as good as a win to me at that moment!

My only other one that stood out was on Royal right up there by loop 12. I ran some dude in a green LT1 Camaro on a small shot and just did him ugly in front of everybody.

good times were had for sure

Comment

That's the car you were in when I met you...surprised Mike in in black cobra.

Comment

I swear I saw that car yesterday between Willow Park and Weatherford. Different rims and tint.
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    I swear I saw that car yesterday between Willow Park and Weatherford. Different rims and tint.
                    I doubt it. I sold it to a dude in New Orleans, and he sold it to a dude in Florida. As far as I know, it's still out on the east coast with a LOT more rust than it did when I owned it... which was zero

it was for sale a while back, but man, it was just too far gone for me to mess with

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      My only other one that stood out was on Royal right up there by loop 12. I ran some dude in a green LT1 Camaro on a small shot and just did him ugly in front of everybody.

good times were had for sure
                      Awesome. Always dug that old Fairmont!

One night, I beat some guy in an '80s Monte Carlo with a huge cam. After we parked, he asked how big the blower was on my Mustang. I said it's a turbo. Wow, he says - a turbocharged 302? Nope. I opened the hood and showed him that little 2.3 down there. His friend starts laughing hysterically, and after staring at it for a few seconds, the poor guy said something I haven't forgotten.

"Well that's the best damn motor Ford ever built."
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        I doubt it. I sold it to a dude in New Orleans, and he sold it to a dude in Florida. As far as I know, it's still out on the east coast with a LOT more rust than it did when I owned it... which was zero

it was for sale a while back, but man, it was just too far gone for me to mess with
                        Then your car's doppleganger lives here in N. Texas!
                        We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Awesome. Always dug that old Fairmont!

One night, I beat some guy in an '80s Monte Carlo with a huge cam. After we parked, he asked how big the blower was on my Mustang. I said it's a turbo. Wow, he says - a turbocharged 302? Nope. I opened the hood and showed him that little 2.3 down there. His friend starts laughing hysterically, and after staring at it for a few seconds, the poor guy said something I haven't forgotten.

"Well that's the best damn motor Ford ever built."
                          He was PISSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            He was PISSED!!!!
                            was it blue?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              was it blue?
                              I don't think so. It was in front of Carter HS at night. I thought it was either white or black. We were more amused at his demeanor afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X