No announcement yet.

The Wife's Taurus after it rains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it only do that when parked on an incline like your driveway? Does it do it if it's parked on a level surface or backed into the driveway facing the street?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I only see maybe a few ounces of water coming out and by the looks of the concrete its leaking out like its supposed too. All newer model car doors have a few water vents at the bottom. Ford went to a different type of water/air vent with a plastic cover to minimize bugs and excess water to get in. I don't really see a problem, but I guess your pontiac is a much better built car...
      It will trickle, but the bulk of the water won't come out unless you lift the rocker seal. Thus, the sloshing you hear while driving around.

As I just found out from Ford, the supposed fix is to modify the rocker seal. Trimming a notch at the flange to allow proper draining.

Anyways...Just thought I'd share my info. It also appears to be an issue on 500s, Freestyles, and Focus. Ford appears to have issued a TSB for the Five Hundred and Montego.
      Last edited by LS1Goat; 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        Does it only do that when parked on an incline like your driveway? Does it do it if it's parked on a level surface or backed into the driveway facing the street?
        Not 100% certain, but I think it's same result incline or level. Wouldn't know about parked facing the street, never tried it.

Comment

Have you tried Googling it?

Comment

I could hear water sloshing around in my old Altima and after I removed that lower rubber lip I could see all kinds of debris clogging the drainage holes. After some compressed air and the water hose, all was well again.

Can't say that I didn't consider drilling holes before I removed that lip!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Have you tried Googling it?
              lol!

It will trickle, but the bulk of the water won't come out unless you lift the rocker seal. Thus, the sloshing you hear while driving around.

As I just found out from Ford, the supposed fix is to modify the rocker seal. Trimming a notch at the flange to allow proper draining.

Anyways...Just thought I'd share my info. It also appears to be an issue on 500s, Freestyles, and Focus. Ford appears to have issued a TSB for the Five
              I've not seen any problems like that, but I suppose if there is a TSB on it it must be true on certain cars. Its probably got a lot to do with all this rain, but to me its an issue with the upper window seal that letting excess water enter and pool down at the bottom.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                lol!

I've not seen any problems like that, but I suppose if there is a TSB on it it must be true on certain cars. Its probably got a lot to do with all this rain, but to me its an issue with the upper window seal that letting excess water enter and pool down at the bottom.
                This. I have been wrapping my head around why water would even be getting into the door.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  This. I have been wrapping my head around why water would even be getting into the door.
                  All doors on all cars have some leakage from the window seals and that they all have small moisture vents at the bottom to funnel out excess water. I've never seen any door do that unless the vents were clogged with mud/leaves/debris.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I wanted to resurrect this thread because i'm having a weird issue with my Taurus after a 1300 mile trip.

There is a rather loud rubber on rubber or rubber on plastic squeaking noise whenever I hit 60 MPH or higher. It is definitely in the engine bay area (seems to be right where the windshield is) but I cannot figure it out. Have you had any issues with weird engine bay noises? Everything is secure in the engine bay as far as I can tell.

Comment

could be the windshield trim catching air and squealing.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        I wanted to resurrect this thread because i'm having a weird issue with my Taurus after a 1300 mile trip.

There is a rather loud rubber on rubber or rubber on plastic squeaking noise whenever I hit 60 MPH or higher. It is definitely in the engine bay area (seems to be right where the windshield is) but I cannot figure it out. Have you had any issues with weird engine bay noises? Everything is secure in the engine bay as far as I can tell.

No strange noises as of yet. Just the drainage issue with the doors. And the recall for the faulty door handle spring.

The noise/circumstance of what you're describing is what was happening with my Jeep when the rubber strip went bad that sits in the cross bar mounting channel. Like Baron said, you may have a trim piece that is causing the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          No strange noises as of yet. Just the drainage issue with the doors. And the recall for the faulty door handle spring.

The noise/circumstance of what you're describing is what was happening with my Jeep when the rubber strip went bad that sits in the cross bar mounting channel. Like Baron said, you may have a trim piece that is causing the noise.
                          Just wanted to update the thread in case you end up having this problem.

It was the heatshield around the exhaust. It had come just slightly loose and was allowed to flap up and down at high way speeds. Despite it being under the car, it was resonating up the pipes into the engine bay.

Also three of my door handles need to be replaced by the recall, might want to check yours.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                            Just wanted to update the thread in case you end up having this problem.

It was the heatshield around the exhaust. It had come just slightly loose and was allowed to fap up and down at high way speeds. Despite it being under the car, it was resonating up the pipes into the engine bay.

Also three of my door handles need to be replaced by the recall, might want to check yours.
                            fixed

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                              fixed
                              no no no, I do not fap at highway speeds, that is what the wife in the passenger seat is for on long road trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X