Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now the proud owner of an overgrown cavalier. 05 GTO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. These are fun cars, despite their weight.

The only thing I didn't like about the '05-'06 LS2 models was the fly by wire. Throttle response is not as snappy as the '04 IMO. The only problems I had with mine was a leaky radiator. I bought the Maryland Speed Predator tuner and one of the things it does is reduce torque management. You'll like it even more, once you discover how much the stock tune chokes these cars. The reason being, it's not real hard to trash the stock half shafts. I just did full exhaust, CAI, and tuner. It's such a good running car there really is no need to sink more money into it IMO.

When you get tired of not having a interior door lock switch, you can get a kit from JHP

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Wheels and tires are an issue since you can't fit anything much wider than a 275. Coming from my C4, which has a freaking 315/35/17, that takes some getting used to.
      I was able to cram a 305 in mine. Just need the right wheel... Plus a little love from a grinder and hammer
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        Cool. These are fun cars, despite their weight.

The only thing I didn't like about the '05-'06 LS2 models was the fly by wire. Throttle response is not as snappy as the '04 IMO. The only problems I had with mine was a leaky radiator. I bought the Maryland Speed Predator tuner and one of the things it does is reduce torque management. You'll like it even more, once you discover how much the stock tune chokes these cars. The reason being, it's not real hard to trash the stock half shafts. I just did full exhaust, CAI, and tuner. It's such a good running car there really is no need to sink more money into it IMO.

When you get tired of not having a interior door lock switch, you can get a kit from JHP
        So that's what that is. Felt exactly like turbo lag. That and the skip shift are going to be the first things to go.

Comment

Mini tub

Comment

Nice! My buddy in Florida has a silver one with a Magnacharger. That car is fun and a sleeper. I just hope you don't like big stereos
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Yeah. Fixing clean the block, drop in some bearings, and reassemble it. Then it's likely going up for sale.
              5.3 swap it.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                Nice! My buddy in Florida has a silver one with a Magnacharger. That car is fun and a sleeper. I just hope you don't like big stereos
                Yeah, not much trunk on it. Fortunately I don't need anything major, a single 10 will do me just fine.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                5.3 swap it.
                I considered that, but it's a bitch on the C4. For the a/c, you have to either top mount it or notch the frame, the firewall has to be notched and the motor mount brackets modified. None of that is a real problem, but the transmission is the issue.

You can modify the ZF6 to fit, but it ain't cheap or easy. t56 is an option, but also expensive and you have to deal with the C beam.

Comment

I like the power, but I just can't get over the looks of these things. I want to like them, but I just can't. Enjoy it man!

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                    I like the power, but I just can't get over the looks of these things. I want to like them, but I just can't. Enjoy it man!

Believe me, I was of the same opinion. The 05-06 are better in the looks department thanks to the scoops and dual exhaust. Even still, with the price point around 10K, I wouldn't have bought one, but an LS2/T56 based car for only $6500, I can live with the looks.

Comment

Working...
                    X