Digging out moms car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    I'm not that customer, and my comeback to this....real simple, then don't take the job if you aren't capable of that level of work. No feelings are going to be hurt, and you don't have to take every job that comes in the door....especially if you run the risk of fucking up someone's high dollar classic.

FWIW - this was not an insurance/collision shop (which I assume is the business you are in?), only restorations, and only A-Body GM cars....VERY specialized....so I think probably apples/oranges for this discussion anyway. That's the level of work the guy set expectations to. I wasn't in a hurry and made that clear up front...I wasn't working on any deadlines, but I also went into this deal only wanting new quarters and some other small bodywork, and a show quality paint job...I will admit my standards are pretty high when it comes to paint, but I also understand that comes with a $15K-$20K price tag on a car like this....money wasn't an issue. But of course we see here that it never even got close to paint. I also (stupidly) gave this guy about half of the money along the way...and had to finally show up randomly and threaten a beat down to get my car back even in this shape.

Disclaimer - not pointing a finger back, calling-out, associating, etc, etc...or trying to be offensive...just a little sore subject for me.

If you ever find yourself looking for another good body/paint shop, I can highly recommend Advantage AutoWorks.
    I've used them a couple of times with excellent results. Mostly smaller collision related but I've also seen some of their top work and it's definitely "top". He's done cars that have been across a Barrett Jackson stage and for a good reason. Owner is a car guy with some nice old iron too.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      If you ever find yourself looking for another good body/paint shop, I can highly recommend Advantage AutoWorks.
      I've used them a couple of times with excellent results. Mostly smaller collision related but I've also seen some of their top work and it's definitely "top". He's done cars that have been across a Barrett Jackson stage and for a good reason. Owner is a car guy with some nice old iron too.

David
      Yes sir, I'd say probably the best shop in DFW. Chris and Todd are actually both good friends of mine. Todd was hanging out in the new shop with me just last week.

I just don't farm hardly anything out anymore, except for paint...and I'll only let them or Mark Preus spray for me these days.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
        Damn Man!!
        What ever ended up with that primer/multi-colored chevelle one you got back in '02ish?

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post

David
          Well hell, estimate was bit higher than expected and gotta save up some more. May look into the Advantage guy. Now taking trusted recommendations as I get a few more pieces

Comment

Working...
          X