Brodix cylinder head & block repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    So, I've never gotten serious enough to look into cost new vs repair. Can someone tell me what the block/head would have cost new vs the repair cost?
    (Very cool stuff, I would have probably trashed both!)
    sometimes, depending on port work etc, it's better to spend more than normal for repair as opposed to buying new etc.

For someone like me, who has equipment, I can fix my own stuff - aluminum is easy to fix and often, the weldment is stronger than the parent material - time is my only cost.

..but for someone who's spent a ton on aftermarket heads etc, it's worth it to spend the coin - Good aftermarket heads now days can be 10,000$ or more!!

Comment

Originally posted by brodix View Post
      Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I saw this thread on google search and I'm glad to see the videos are spreading. We did offer to repair other products in the past but at the current time we only repair our own products.

Most repairs don't require heat treating again. However if it is needed we do heat treat them.

Also when someone send in the damaged product we give them a quote. If it is cheaper to buy new we let them know.

Thank you for posting the videos and helping spread the word. We are one of the few cylinder head manufactures that do everything in house. Our foundry is literally a block from our machine shop. That gives us the ability to control the quality of our product. Thank you guys for the support!
      Can I get some flow numbers for some heads you manufacture that aren't on your website? It's a set of the RaceSaver heads.

Comment

can i get some -12 heads with the ASCS raised logo in the runner? lol
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          Hahaha. Nice!

Comment

I was about to write repost but then I realised someone just dug this up from the grave. Cool videos.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              Or perhaps the RaceSaver stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Can I get some flow numbers for some heads you manufacture that aren't on your website? It's a set of the RaceSaver heads.
                Sorry I missed this until now. You will have to contact French Grimes regarding the race saver head 540-923-4541.

And thats a negatory on the ASCS logo stuff

Comment

Originally posted by brodix View Post
                  Sorry I missed this until now. You will have to contact French Grimes regarding the race saver head 540-923-4541.
                  Thanks

Originally posted by brodix
                  And thats a negatory on the ASCS logo stuff
                  Drats.

Comment

Bad ass work.

One thing though, how come Brodix heads aren't popular for SBF's but are common on Chevy stuff?
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

We carry a lot more chevy compatible stuff. People have had great success using our products. Keith Craft and Kuntz & Co. are some good ford engine builders that use our products. We had some new ford compatible heads come out last year and are working on more ford compatible stuff now.

Comment

Working...
                      X