Brodix cylinder head & block repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brodix cylinder head & block repair

Hopefully this is not a repost. These videos show what can be done to fix damaged aluminum cylinder heads and blocks. These men at Brodix are real craftsmen. I had not seen them until the sales manager from Brodix came to visit my employer.

very nice.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Brodix has a very impressive machine shop.
      The will even fix other manufactures heads as well, I used them to fix a set of AFR heads and they did a awesome job, couldn't even tell there was ever any damage.

Comment

Now THAT is some interesting stuff !!

-Aaron

Comment

Don't they need to heat treat those parts, especially the block, after that kind of repair?

Comment

I would have said both items were toast. I'm impressed.

Comment

I live just a couple blocks from them. I enjoy going in there and watching them work

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                Brodix has a very impressive machine shop.
                The will even fix other manufactures heads as well, I used them to fix a set of AFR heads and they did a awesome job, couldn't even tell there was ever any damage.
                I noticed at the end of the video they stated they only repair Brodix products. Have they changed that policy??

Bill
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  I noticed at the end of the video they stated they only repair Brodix products. Have they changed that policy??

Bill
                  This was about 14 years ago so they might not do anything but thier own products now.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    Don't they need to heat treat those parts, especially the block, after that kind of repair?
                    Depends on material and what they're trying to do, but I'm pretty sure they at least strees relieve it. If you'll notice, in the first video - the big green box next to where they're putting in the sleeves. That's the oven / autoclave. In this case, they might have only used it to warm the block to install the sleeves (notice they're wearing gloves and dropping the sleeves in).

Comment

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I saw this thread on google search and I'm glad to see the videos are spreading. We did offer to repair other products in the past but at the current time we only repair our own products.

Most repairs don't require heat treating again. However if it is needed we do heat treat them.

Also when someone send in the damaged product we give them a quote. If it is cheaper to buy new we let them know.

Thank you for posting the videos and helping spread the word. We are one of the few cylinder head manufactures that do everything in house. Our foundry is literally a block from our machine shop. That gives us the ability to control the quality of our product. Thank you guys for the support!

Comment

THanks for joining the forum! Impressive work!

You don't have to google search to see where your youtube videos are going - there are stats attached to everyone's videos, and in there you can see the referrer links (who's posting and where they are posted etc).

Comment

Thanks. We have a great group of people working here.

Comment

So, I've never gotten serious enough to look into cost new vs repair. Can someone tell me what the block/head would have cost new vs the repair cost?
                            (Very cool stuff, I would have probably trashed both!)
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Can we get a DFWM discount? Wood bai!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X