Classic Toy Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    BLAKE, you're my brotha from anotha motha. I still have most of my Legos.
    Hell yeah man. I have that pirate island set in the back too. Well, that and the chili bowl haircut.

Comment

from when I was a kid.....

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post

So you got bullied a lot? Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words won't hurt me?
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
          To be fair, it was state of the art in children's entertainment at the time.

Comment

My boy is 2.5 and loves trucks, trains, and trailers. We just picked up two trucks like this one. ~24" long, heavy duty axles, all pressed/bent steel. Heavy duty 80's kind of shit.

The one we got looks damn near brand new, we also got a white COE in Pillsbury livery.

I've also recently dug out all my old lego for him and his sister to play with.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Nice, you have the classic Airport, Shuttle launch, original exxon gas station (before Octan was introduced) and a few other rare ones. That's a nice collection there.

I just rebuilt my Brothers 1985 Fire Station, he's letting his 4 year old son have it. His daughter (my neice) LOVES playing legos every time she comes over to the house. Particularly she steals all the pirate gold and puts it in an airplane and escapes the police jets....

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                His daughter (my neice) LOVES playing legos every time she comes over to the house. Particularly she steals all the pirate gold and puts it in an airplane and escapes the police jets....
                Lmao, keep your eye on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  My boy is 2.5 and loves trucks, trains, and trailers. We just picked up two trucks like this one. ~24" long, heavy duty axles, all pressed/bent steel. Heavy duty 80's kind of shit.

The one we got looks damn near brand new, we also got a white COE in Pillsbury livery.

I've also recently dug out all my old lego for him and his sister to play with.
                  Oh man, I had that exact same truck in 83 I think. I have a nos pillsbury truck in my shed, I really need to get a pic of that thing and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by raider5.0 View Post
                    i had most of the M.A.S.K toys. My favorite was the Thunder Hawk.

was going to post them too, I think between my brother and I we had them all.

Comment

Comment

Fortunately, Legos are just one of a few childhood toys I saved. I passed them on to my son a couple of years ago and he has since amassed more pieces then I could have ever imagined at that age. Not long ago, I decided to replicate one of my old sets with him and it spiraled out of control. A very long time passed before he was willing to disassemble it and reuse the parts.

These are the only photos my wife took of it. It had functional rack and pinion steering and adjustable bucket seats. The limited slip differential was connected to a variable speed transmission that rotated the 4 pot engine assembly. You might be able to spot the t-handle shifter in the center console also. This was constructed over the course of several evenings as time allowed. It was cool to see him so enthusiastic about it as soon as I arrived home from work. Which one of us had the most fun is still up for debate.

'06 STS-V '86 GN

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post

Mechwarriors? Never seen those.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCPA View Post
                            Fortunately, Legos are just one of a few childhood toys I saved. I passed them on to my son a couple of years ago and he has since amassed more pieces then I could have ever imagined at that age. Not long ago, I decided to replicate one of my old sets with him and it spiraled out of control. A very long time passed before he was willing to disassemble it and reuse the parts.

These are the only photos my wife took of it. It had functional rack and pinion steering and adjustable bucket seats. The limited slip differential was connected to a variable speed transmission that rotated the 4 pot engine assembly. You might be able to spot the t-handle shifter in the center console also. This was constructed over the course of several evenings as time allowed. It was cool to see him so enthusiastic about it as soon as I arrived home from work. Which one of us had the most fun is still up for debate.
                            Very cool! You two might enjoy this set.

I built it a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty fun. Pistons move, steering controls and a neat-o convertible top mechanic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                                Mechwarriors? Never seen those.
                                Exo-squad

Comment

Working...
                                X