Classic Toy Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Toy Picture Thread

Blake commenting / posting about rare or classic toys in the Picture and Video post thread got me thinking of rare or cool older toys. My son is due in January so I dug out all my old Lego sets from the mid 80's to mid 90's.

I am assembling everything, then breaking it back down in ziplock bags with the instructions. I'll give him one set every once in a while instead of buying the new ugly Lego's they are selling now. Most of the new sets barely take any type of skill to build, whereas some of these older legos take some good fine motor skills to put together.

Post up your rare / old toys that you still have around.

My progress so far (I was really into lego planes)

I don't have any pics right now, but I have give or take 100 GI Joe ARAh figures from 83-95, and about 20 vehicles, some complete and some incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      I don't have any pics right now, but I have give or take 100 GI Joe ARAh figures from 83-95, and about 20 vehicles, some complete and some incomplete.
      I think I had one, it was a bad guy with the chrome skull. No clue where it is now. He raped Barbie...a LOT

Comment

That's cool man. I still have all of my old castles from when I was a kid. My daughter and I build together all the time and it's fun. The one thing I would disagree with you on is that new sets are often very cool as well. The only real difference I see is that there are some more diverse parts and the instructions are easier to interpret. Those 80's instructions can be tough.

I just build this fastback out of spare parts a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Whenever I get the chance, I buy collections from kids that are moving on to video games or girls or whatever. Get some good parts that way. I usually build castles or cars from scratch, which is super fun.

Comment

I like your style. Awesome to hear you and your daughter lego it up. My basis on the hate for the new legos are the airplane sets and the car sets. The cargo/passenger jets cockpits are just one huge piece, no fun or skill to put together.

And the cars have those stupid fender flares now...ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              I think I had one, it was a bad guy with the chrome skull. No clue where it is now. He raped Barbie...a LOT
              Laird James McCullen Destro XXIV.

or just Destro to you young bucks.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                I like your style. Awesome to hear you and your daughter lego it up. My basis on the hate for the new legos are the airplane sets and the car sets. The cargo/passenger jets cockpits are just one huge piece, no fun or skill to put together.

And the cars have those stupid fender flares now...ugh.
                This set is fuckin' awesome. I've bought multiples to customize and for parts.

Comment

this nigga right here!

Comment

Elvis, post a pic of your dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      Elvis, post a pic of your dolls.
                      FOR THE LAST TIME.......they have kung fu grip........making them action figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Every lego nerd's dream:

From an ebay auction I saw a few weeks ago:

Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 12-18-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            LMAO

How'd I know this was coming?

David

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X