Funny car explosion, and the suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny car explosion, and the suit

Ron's funny car blew up at the NHRA Winternationals, 2014 and he was lucky things did not go much worse. I picked him up from the airport a while back for the most recent race at Ennis and he said that the explosion knocked him out and that he remembers very little:

Anyways, Ron gave us the suit to put up at the shop:

Crazy how great modern safety equipment is. The suit is even in remarkably good condition considering an 8,000 horsepower car exploded on it.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Didn't he have another huge one back in the early 2000's at the fall nationals in Ennis?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

thats awesome alex.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I didn't find that funny at all.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looks like he stayed in it way longer that the other dude.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Didn't he have another huge one back in the early 2000's at the fall nationals in Ennis?
            I went to a lot of the national events and remember some bad ass explosions. Oswald had a blower explosion in the 90's that shredded the car and scattered parts about a mile into the field where all the cars were parked. It was one of the bigger ones I saw there, and shut the track down for 3 hours. I remember the big triple engine jet truck on the night of fire blowing all the signs off of the building also. Gartlets pointed the nose up on that damn cobra looking front end once. Force tore up several cars pretty good. God damn that guy was funny. He use to stay at the holiday inn every year in Duncanville (IIRC) and would just chat it up at the bar. I think it was the Holliday Inn it had the big cowboy hat on the front of it. My uncle would come into town and stay there for the race weekend.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              I went to a lot of the national events and remember some bad ass explosions. Oswald had a blower explosion in the 90's that shredded the car and scattered parts about a mile into the field where all the cars were parked. It was one of the bigger ones I saw there, and shut the track down for 3 hours. I remember the big triple engine jet truck on the night of fire blowing all the signs off of the building also. Gartlets pointed the nose up on that damn cobra looking front end once. Force tore up several cars pretty good. God damn that guy was funny. He use to stay at the holiday inn every year in Duncanville (IIRC) and would just chat it up at the bar. I think it was the Holliday Inn it had the big cowboy hat on the front of it. My uncle would come into town and stay there for the race weekend.
              Texas tux?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Texas tux?
                Yesssssssss. I think.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That video wasn't very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Yep
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Texas tux?
                    And yep

Comment

Danger to teh manifold light never came on.

Comment

Very cool Alex.

David

Comment

Uncle? Cousin?

Comment

I remember the jet truck blowing all the signs off the building. I think it was the Super 104 Octane truck.
                            2002 Trans am RayMac 408/Chris Frank Dart Pro 1's 4L80 RMVB w/brake Narrowed Fab 9" Wolfe Hal Madman UMI Bogart Super Victor Accufab NX Direct Port Sorta Quick !!

Comment

I was there for the Oswald explosion. Never seen a block go to pieces like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X