Its almost RC pod racing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its almost RC pod racing!

Well I was about to order a Bebop drone when my friend showed this to me today. Screw the Bebop! These are cheaper, easier to fix/mod and are way more sporty.
    So who wants to order some with me and have some pod races?

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Whats those go for? I see concusions in my future from stray craft

Comment

The RTF set is $380. Another $220 gets you the FPV display and Rx.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Damn you man. I may have to flip a few cow skins to swing that.

Comment

DFWM baller edition:

Comment

Very impressive... Thanks for posting LaserSVT.
            That last vid was pretty cool... Only thing is it seems like the quad had a few too many shots of vodka!!!
            Last edited by BoostedD1; 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Those are killer! My son wants a DJI Phantom 2, but I think he might end up having to get the FC40 because of the price. Any opinions on the FC40?

Comment

Does not look like a bad setup for the price. I have near 2k in mine.

Comment

My club is about to start FPV fixed wing racing. You can build a plane, and get all the FPV stuff you need for just under $200.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                    Those are killer! My son wants a DJI Phantom 2, but I think he might end up having to get the FC40 because of the price. Any opinions on the FC40?
                    It's not a bad deal, but skip it and pickup a used phantom 2. They are cheap right now and still supported with updates from DJI.

Comment

I have a phantom 1.5. Love it. Expensive to get into though.

Comment

Adding to wish list

Comment

Need
                          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                            It's not a bad deal, but skip it and pickup a used phantom 2. They are cheap right now and still supported with updates from DJI.
                            I've never had good luck buying used R/C stuff. I can get a FC40 with extra prop Guards, 4 pack of propeller and 2 LiPo Batteries 2200 mAH for right around $550. In order to get a Phantom 2 with a camera and all of that, it's probably $900+ and that's WAY out of his price range. I know the battery in the 2 basically doubles the flight time from the earlier gen models, but what else makes it so much better? Remember...this is for a 14 year old kid, not a hardcore R/C guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                              I've never had good luck buying used R/C stuff. I can get a FC40 with extra prop Guards, 4 pack of propeller and 2 LiPo Batteries 2200 mAH for right around $550. In order to get a Phantom 2 with a camera and all of that, it's probably $900+ and that's WAY out of his price range. I know the battery in the 2 basically doubles the flight time from the earlier gen models, but what else makes it so much better? Remember...this is for a 14 year old kid, not a hardcore R/C guy.
                              Better batteries, safety features built in (no-fly zones, return to home altitude, return to home on low batt, etc) that the fc40 and phantom 1 doesn't offer. You can buy a used p2 for $375, used go pro, and used gimbal although that would be completely optional. You'll spend a little more, but your getting a much bigger bang for your buck.

I understand the reluctance on buying used rc stuff, especially something that flies.... But these aren't like airplanes or helicopters where proper setup and balancing are critical. There really isn't much of anything you can do to them other than settings in software which all should be reset to default anyways.

There is a lot of bad media in the quadrocopter hobby. People are breaking rules left and right and the media blows it out of proportion. That is giving the FAA ammo to ban them outright without obtaining certifications. Or put ridiculous restrictions on them. Youtube is filled with idiots putting the entire hobby at risk. It's bad. Flying into the clouds a thousand feet up, flying near airports, causing near misses with aircraft, etc. All of which are prohibited.

Not saying your kid is a bad kid, but he is 14. And the safety restrictions built into the p2 will help protect all of us, including you.

Just my 02.

Comment

Working...
                              X