Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 351 Cleveland engine fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reemo, is that a Branda chin spoiler? Looks a little larger than an OEM type.

Car is just sick, BTW.

David

Comment

cool thread.
      WRX

Comment

I can remember Grump bitching about G&R and Glidden's Clevelands out horsepowering him on the top end. Said the Fords were making better that 50hp more than his sbc's. Have a bunch of pics of G&R, Glidden ( Billy as a 7-8 year old) Maskin & Kanners, Booth, Dyno, Grump (68 Camaro, Vega and Monza) Dyno, Billy the Kid Stepp and others at PID and Keystone strips in Pa. The good old days fer sure!!
        Me in the right lane at Keystone. That's my buddy's cleveland waiting in the left lane.. still has the car!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
          I can remember Grump bitching about G&R and Glidden's Clevelands out horsepowering him on the top end. Said the Fords were making better that 50hp more than his sbc's. Have a bunch of pics of G&R, Glidden ( Billy as a 7-8 year old) Maskin & Kanners, Booth, Dyno, Grump (68 Camaro, Vega and Monza) Dyno, Billy the Kid Stepp and others at PID and Keystone strips in Pa. The good old days fer sure!!
          Me in the right lane at Keystone. That's my buddy's cleveland waiting in the left lane.. still has the car!

Is that a `71 your buddy has?
          Those were actually one of, if not the quickest Mustangs made back then.

David

Comment

351 clevelands are the shit. I have a set of 4v cc heads sitting in my parent's garage. Waiting on funds...

500 horse with the stock unported iron heads heads with 351 cubes is a reality with these motors.
            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I would love a 351C with 4V heads and a 2.6L Kenne Bell!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                I would love a 351C with 4V heads and a 2.6L Kenne Bell!
                I can get you one, less the huffer.

My brother has an "X" block 4 bolt main, steel crank, nice rods, boss heads, some decent valves etc...

He gave the mill to me to replace the big block in my `69 but I sold the car and gave it back to him. I'm sure he'll sell it if you're interested.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  I can get you one, less the huffer.

My brother has an "X" block 4 bolt main, steel crank, nice rods, boss heads, some decent valves etc...

He gave the mill to me to replace the big block in my `69 but I sold the car and gave it back to him. I'm sure he'll sell it if you're interested.

David
                  It will be a few years. It will be for my AC Cobra replica.

Comment

(gratuitous plug) This one is for sale: http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ight=cleveland

Comment

351 CLEVELAND BASICS AND PERFORMANCE TUNING FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE-STREET CARS AND SPORTS CARS During the 1960s Ford had manufactured small high winding V8 performance engines that demanded a lot from the driver and were some of the most expensive engines Ford manufactured. Although such engines provided spirited performance in lighter vehicles such as the Shelby Cobra and the 1965 Mustang, they were not as well suited for powering heavier vehicles. Ford had also manufactured large V8...

George has been building these motors for a long time. Follow this guide and you will have a powerful Cleveland ready to wup some chevy arse
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        Is that a `71 your buddy has?
                        Those were actually one of, if not the quickest Mustangs made back then.

David
                        Dave..

Had to drop a line to my cousin to verify. It is a 71...

Bill
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                          Dave..

Had to drop a line to my cousin to verify. It is a 71...

Bill
                          Nice.

Here's an example of what I remember reading/hearing.

71 Boss 351 - 13.9 @ 102, howstuffworks.com - The quickest early Mustang on the list. Its solid-lifter 351 Cleveland outperformed all prior big-block stompers in stock form.

David

Comment

Nice Thread! I've been a fan of the Cleveland for years.
                            Last edited by 70Mach1; 01-11-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
                              I can remember in the mid 80’s David Painter’s ‘boat anchor’ 67 coupe owned the streets around here. It was funny to see him drive to the track (or the street races), call out some trailered big block Chevy and take their money every time. Never saw him miss a shift, never saw him break and never saw him lose a race. Here we are almost 30 years later awash in a sea of aluminum headed dyno queens and he’d still be quicker than most.

<--- Nothing but love for old school Ford power.
                              Is this the same David Painter that has the shop right off 35 in Burleson?
                              Originally posted by grove rat
                              shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                                Is this the same David Painter that has the shop right off 35 in Burleson?
                                Yup.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X