• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting interview with Jimmy Johnson

The Great Trade Robbery

Lots of young familiar faces.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11619469

Thanks I have been wanting to watch this.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Thanks for that one. It was a great robbery

Comment

The bullshit that is Jerry jones.

While they both argue that they are the ones responsible for the team's success, I merely point out that the only reason the Cowboys won under Switzer is that he rode the coattails of the team Johnson built. The proof is in the pudding.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          the only reason the Cowboys won under Switzer is that he rode the coattails of the team Johnson built. The proof is in the pudding.
          I couldn't agree more.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

x2

I like Barry Switzer, but he was just driving the bus that Jimmy built. Barry has humbly admitted that in past interviews.

Comment

I really wish they would have done a longer version of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                I really wish they would have done a longer version of that.
                Exactly what I was thinking. It really would be a great documentary to see how the dream team of the Dallas Cowboys in the early 90's was put together. Has one ever been made?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking. It really would be a great documentary to see how the dream team of the Dallas Cowboys in the early 90's was put together. Has one ever been made?
                  Jimmy completely changed the operations procedure of the league, trading, free agency, etc. I don't think it could be repeated, so the magnitude of it all is absolutely huge.

Comment

I've always liked him. I wish Survivor would bring him back for another season.

Comment

Enjoyed that.

Comment

Guy's a fucking genius! I really didn't know that story, and I'm a huge Cowboys fan. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I honestly don't know of anyone who doesn't like Jimmy Johnson. As said above, he completely changed the way the league and teams operate in the NFL. Come to think of it, maybe he is responsible for making Jerry Jones into what he is...
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            I honestly don't know of anyone who doesn't like Jimmy Johnson. As said above, he completely changed the way the league and teams operate in the NFL. Come to think of it, maybe he is responsible for making Jerry Jones into what he is...
                            My uncle doesn't like him. He says the only reason he had success was because he had the inside on all the college players at that time and it was easy for him to draft.

I tell him he is nuts everytime we have this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Jimmy completely changed the operations procedure of the league, trading, free agency, etc. I don't think it could be repeated, so the magnitude of it all is absolutely huge.
                              Yeah, it was a one shot deal. That being said, though, I think he would have done something else to get results down the road, if only Jerry Jones would've let him run the team his way. Hell, Jerry could make Jimmy a GM, and probably do pretty well.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X