Charlie Whitman's rifle for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Whitman's rifle for sale

Once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase the UT Austin Sniper Rifle once owned and used by Charles Whitman during the UT sniper shootings in 1966. On August 1,1966 Charles Whitman climed to the top of the administration building of the University of Texas tower in Austin, TX. He Began what Life Magazine called "The most Savage one man rampage in the history of american crime." Ninety six minutes later 48 people were shot. 16 people were killed including an Austin police officer, 32 others lay wounded. The following rifle is up for Sale: Remington 700 ADL, 6 MM CAL with Leupold scope. Documentation will be shown. Accepting bids starting at $25,000

They should wait 2 years to hit the anniversary.

Comment

ain't that fucked up? i seen this posted on another forum

it was posted here

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        They should wait 2 years to hit the anniversary.
        No, let someone buy it now so they are ready for the anniversary.

Comment

My mom was on campus when that happened. She said local deer hunters where the only ones with enough firepower (range) to suppress fire

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            No, let someone buy it now so they are ready for the anniversary.
            Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              ain't that fucked up? i seen this posted on another forum

it was posted here
              http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...-rfle-for-sale
              gotta love the pussy libby's wanting to destory a piece of history...
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

speaking out of fear.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Anyone want to go in on it? $25,000 is a bargain for the history it holds. Albeit a sad day in history, it history none the less.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Anyone want to go in on it? $25,000 is a bargain for the history it holds. Albeit a sad day in history, it history none the less.
                    Well, you know it shoots straight.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That is crazy that it is up for auction. I don't know how I feel about it.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

I think its neat that its for sale but im suprised it was ever let out of evidence and back into circulation.

Remeber kids guns dont kill people, people kill people. This rifle is a part of our modern history.

Comment

Alex, pony up for this one...

Comment

Cool piece of history, but I would be afraid of bad karma or it being cursed because of the evil acts associated with it. I would personally have it destroyed. I read the book about it, and the guy was an absolute monster.

Comment

Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
                              Cool piece of history, but I would be afraid of bad karma or it being cursed because of the evil acts associated with it. I would personally have it destroyed. I read the book about it, and the guy was an absolute monster.
                              X2
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X