Cop shoots unarmed man. Gets fired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
    Isn't it standard procedure to order him to just get back in the vehicle wasn't it a seatbelt PC stop?
    I do and so do most others. I am baffled as to why the cop went from zero to gun shots. The guy reached back in his car to get his license like he was asked to do. Really I wouldn't have even un holstered for that. The speed at which he popped back in the car might have got my spidey senses going but there are other ways to deal with that without even saying anything to the guy. Stay behind the door and watch his hands. The guy didn't get all twitchy and jumpy until the cop was yelling at him.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Dude was smart to put his hands up. Dunno for sure what I'd do if getting popped with a gun. I don't know if putting my hands up with be a thought at that point.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Dude was smart to put his hands up. Dunno for sure what I'd do if getting popped with a gun. I don't know if putting my hands up with be a thought at that point.
        I can tell you what my response to getting shot is and I promise it isn't to hold my hands up.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I can tell you what my response to getting shot is and I promise it isn't to hold my hands up.
          You bring up a good point Frost. What if the guy had a legally concealed weapon and returned fire on the officer and killed him? Up until the point he was shot his only alleged crime was driving without a seat belt.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
            You bring up a good point Frost. What if the guy had a legally concealed weapon and returned fire on the officer and killed him? Up until the point he was shot his only alleged crime was driving without a seat belt.
            He would have been killed by the responding police officers or by bystandards who also may have a CHL. Unfortunately when you return fire on a police officer, no one is interested in why or that you are merely defending yourself from a lethal threat and are innocent.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              He would have been killed by the responding police officers or by bystandards who also may have a CHL. Unfortunately when you return fire on a police officer, no one is interested in why or that you are merely defending yourself from a lethal threat and are innocent.
              Duh, it's because you're guilty until proven innocent.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Duh, it's because you're guilty until proven innocent.
                Errybody knows this.

Comment

The call from Groubert to his supervisor after the shooting is also recorded in the complete video.

"I pulled him over for a seat-belt violation. Before I could even get out of my car, he jumped out, stared at me, and as I jumped out of my car and identified myself as I approached him, he jumped head-first back into his car. I started retracting back towards the rear of his vehicle telling him, look, get out of the car, let me see your hands," Groubert says on the video. "He jumped out of the car. I saw something black in his hands. I ran to the other side of the car yelling at him, and he kept coming towards me. Apparently, it was his wallet."

Comment

The call from Groubert to his supervisor after the shooting is also recorded in the complete video.

"I pulled him over for a seat-belt violation. Before I could even get out of my car, he jumped out, stared at me, and as I jumped out of my car and identified myself as I approached him, he jumped head-first back into his car. I started retracting back towards the rear of his vehicle telling him, look, get out of the car, let me see your hands," Groubert says on the video. "He jumped out of the car. I saw something black in his hands. I ran to the other side of the car yelling at him, and he kept coming towards me. Apparently, it was his wallet."

http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?...3#.VCpEkhCa_To
                    And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for that damn video camera...
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?...3#.VCpEkhCa_To
                      Something black in your hand automatically = gun...
                      Everyone should carry white or brightly colored wallets from now on.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Tax Payers Shell Out $300k After Dashcam Video Shows Cop Shoot Unarmed Man With Hands Up

Comment

Why isn't the cop in jail?

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                            Why isn't the cop in jail?
                            His trial hasn't happened yet...where he is facing felony aggravated assault and battery...which COULD get him 20 years..but more than likely he will be exonerated and his union will get him his job back.

Comment

Working...
                            X