Cop shoots unarmed man. Gets fired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop shoots unarmed man. Gets fired.

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - The video showing a shooting involving a former South Carolina state trooper and an unarmed man has been released to the public.

The video was taken from the dash camera installed inside 31-year-old Sean Groubert's vehicle during an encounter in which Groubert shot 35-year-old Levar Jones on September 4th. The incident took place at a Circle K gas station on Broad River Road in Columbia.

Groubert was charged Wednesday with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature in connection with the incident. Bond was set at $75,000.

In the video, Jones can be seen getting out of his car when Groubert pulled up and asked for his license. Jones reached in his car for his license and Groubert immediately shot at Jones several times.

Jones was hit by one bullet in the hip. He is recovering at home after being hospitalized for the injury.

While shooting at Jones, Groubert yelled "Get out of the car, get out of the car."

Jones replied,"I just got my license, you said get my license."

Groubert responded by telling Jones to get on the ground.

While on the ground Jones said, "I have my license right here, you said get my license."

In the video Groubert can be heard asking Jones if he was hit by a bullet and went on to say, "Bro, you dove head first back into your car."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE[/ame]
    Last edited by cyclonescott; 09-24-2014, 11:01 PM.

Jesusu christ, that cop was all sorts of hopped up

Comment

He asked him for his liscence, the dude hopped in the truck to get it, I also like how he popped him again when the dude through his hands up in the air. That cop deserves to be in fucking prison.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Good grief that cop is a moron, and cant shoot for crap.

Comment

Not saying this is right, but this is exactly why you always inform a cop where your license/reg/ins is before getting it. You never know what kind of unstable motherfucker you're dealing with. It's for your safety. Not his.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Not saying this is right, but this is exactly why you always inform a cop where your license/reg/ins is before getting it. You never know what kind of unstable motherfucker you're dealing with. It's for your safety. Not his.
            Usually people keep some of that stuff inside their vehicle lol

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              He asked him for his liscence, the dude hopped in the truck to get it, I also like how he popped him again when the dude through his hands up in the air. That cop deserves to be in fucking prison.
              I think that cop deserves to be shot in the fucking hip.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Law enforcement needs to do a better job at selecting candidates given their ability to completely destroy and person's life with just their ability to articulate their side of the story. In this situation we have video proof of their incompetence. I am surprised this video wasnt lost.

Comment

Yup. I make sure to have both my hands on the steering wheel. When an officer walks up to me. And I tell him my insurance card is in the glove box. And I slowly reach for it.

OP. The guy who got shot Is an idiot, who Makes for movements like that when pulled over?

The cop was too damn nervous also, tough call though just by the sudden movement He made. You have two choices.

[ ] let the guy turn around possibly armed, kill you then you know he had a gun.

[✔️] shot first ask questions later.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    Yup. I make sure to have both my hands on the steering wheel. When an officer walks up to me. And I tell him my insurance card is in the glove box. And I slowly reach for it.

OP. The guy who got shot Is an idiot, who Makes for movements like that when pulled over?

The cop was too damn nervous also, tough call though just by the sudden movement He made. You have two choices.

[ ] let the guy turn around possibly armed, kill you then you know he had a gun.

[✔️] shot first ask questions later.

Are we watching the same video? If he was going for a gun, I would think that he would have done it before the cop got out of the car. He looked directly at the cop, who asked for the license, and then he pretty slowly turned around to get it and the fucker started shooting.

His body language was calm, not exactly like he dove head first into the car. This was a trigger happy dipshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
                      Usually people keep some of that stuff inside their vehicle lol
                      Understood. Cop asked for his license though and that's usually kept on you. Dude could have told the cop it was in the truck. Again, not saying he's obligated. As stated, he should do that for his own safety because of some unstable water head just itching to shoot anything and anyone.

Comment

Understood. Cop asked for his license though and that's usually kept on you. Dude could have told the cop it was in the truck. Again, not saying he's obligated. As stated, he should do that for his own safety because of some unstable water head just itching to shoot anything and anyone.
                        You can see the dude pat his pockets looking for his wallet.. When im driving for a while I'll take my wallet out and sit it on my center console. How on earth can you side with the cop here, it's obvious to everyone but yourself.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I saw a right hand go out of view and then him going into the truck. It's easy to view a video over an over with having no clue of the cop's POV. You're missing the point anyway. I am not saying he did anything wrong. Do you really need this dumbed down further?

Comment

I saw a right hand go out of view and then him going into the truck. It's easy to view a video over an over with having no clue of the cop's POV. You're missing the point anyway. I am not saying he did anything wrong. Do you really need this dumbed down further?
                            Yes please, since you're the smartest man alive, and your opinion on all matters is extremely important to the community as a whole.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Would you like it in picture book form? I mean we can break the video down frame by frame to prove you are wrong about him patting his pockets.

Comment

Working...
                              X