Austin Area Get-Away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRAILBLAZER View Post
    How many people a year bust their ass jumping into that swimming hole ?
    That hole goes DEEP and has claimed the lives of at least 8 scuba divers. It damned near claimed the entire san marcos area recovery team. I would never run the risk of jumping off, the hole might have an appetite for swimmers now.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
      Saturday we got up early and went to hit some natural swimming holes. We started off with Hamilton Pool. It was an underground river but the ground finally gave way causing a natural spring :

At the bottom of the rock we're standing on, it drops about 25 feet. And you can't touch until the complete opposite side of the pool. Mental note if anyone goes, so you won't have to find out the hard way like me.
      Predators used this spot for some of its scenes.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Enchanted Rock is great. I always make it a mission to find the plaque on it. Did the cave exploring, too. I was there once and a Boy Scout troop was repelling off the back side. I was jealous.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          That hole goes DEEP and has claimed the lives of at least 8 scuba divers. It damned near claimed the entire san marcos area recovery team. I would never run the risk of jumping off, the hole might have an appetite for swimmers now.
          From what I was told is it actually pushes water out of the hole since it's naturally fed. From what I understand the divers got lost and ran out of air.

I do know there are seperate chambers, there were a couple SF guys going to the bottom of the first area with flippers and mask.

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          Predators used this spot for some of its scenes.
          Did not know that, very cool.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Enchanted Rock is great. I always make it a mission to find the plaque on it. Did the cave exploring, too. I was there once and a Boy Scout troop was repelling off the back side. I was jealous.
          I'll be going back for more after it cools down some, really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
            From what I was told is it actually pushes water out of the hole since it's naturally fed. From what I understand the divers got lost and ran out of air.

I do know there are seperate chambers, there were a couple SF guys going to the bottom of the first area with flippers and mask.

Did not know that, very cool.

I'll be going back for more after it cools down some, really enjoyed it.
            Yeah there are at least 4 chambers. The last one has silt that's sends visibility to zero if you bump it. It's also nearly 100 feet down.

Comment

Working...
            X