No announcement yet.

My mouse trap caught more than a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, i haven't seen that game in forever.

I got to get one for the kids.

on the subject of mouses. How big do they get? I was moving some stuff in the back yard and this huge mouse or rat ran out and into a crack in the ground. I have never seen a mouse that big but I am pretty sure it was a mouse.

Comment

No bigger than the average adult thumb. You could have seen a juvenile rat.

Comment

@Getsomehelp, not saying I disagree with some of the points you have made, just wondering what you were searching/googling to hit this board/thread?
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I actually have a snake problem in the garage myself, and was doing some research on the best way to get rid of them using only recent week's results. So I found this thread. Registered just to pot that guy and tell him what a complete knobhead he is. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Getsomehelp View Post
            I actually have a snake problem in the garage myself, and was doing some research on the best way to get rid of them using only recent week's results. So I found this thread. Registered just to pot that guy and tell him what a complete knobhead he is. =)
            OK, chickie. You do know that mice turn into rats. And they will eat and destroy all kinds of shit, especially wiring harnesses in our cars. Since this is a car website, we hate fucking rats/mice of anykind and size. Death to them all...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              OK, chickie. You do know that mice turn into rats. And they will eat and destroy all kinds of shit, especially wiring harnesses in our cars. Since this is a car website, we hate fucking rats/mice of anykind and size. Death to them all...
              *Knocks on your head.* Hello?? Anyone there??

Read what I had said. I fully understand the reasoning there, I am not adverse to killing animals. HOWEVER, it is the torture bit that gets to me. I do not give a damn if you hate mice or rats, quite frankly that's really irrelevant to the point I was making.

I've had mice do thousands of dollars of damage to my air conditioning system once. Did I torture them and do sick things to them? No. I killed them as efficiently and as humanely practical. Dunno about you, but I'd like to think I was a human being, not a monster. =)

Comment

Some people think that a mouse trap is inhumane, as is poison and glue traps. They are going to suffer no matter what we use to kill them. So you tell me chick, what is the best way to kill a rat?!
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

what are you wearing? not you H!!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    what are you wearing? not you H!!
                    haha!

Comment

Instead of glue traps (I don't agree with them either), or poison (poisons the natural predators), why don't you get a cat or a rat terrier?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Strong life
                        Ded

Comment

*Knocks on your head.* Hello?? Anyone there??

Read what I had said. I fully understand the reasoning there, I am not adverse to killing animals. HOWEVER, it is the torture bit that gets to me. I do not give a damn if you hate mice or rats, quite frankly that's really irrelevant to the point I was making.

I've had mice do thousands of dollars of damage to my air conditioning system once. Did I torture them and do sick things to them? No. I killed them as efficiently and as humanely practical. Dunno about you, but I'd like to think I was a human being, not a monster. =)
                          Snakes are cool, they eat rats and mice. Rats and mice can die in a fire, as can you, unless you post tits.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            why don't you get a cat
                            Oh yeah, getting eatin alive by a giant feline is very humane, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Some people think that a mouse trap is inhumane, as is poison and glue traps. They are going to suffer no matter what we use to kill them. So you tell me chick, what is the best way to kill a rat?!
                              Something like a snap trap, or one of those electrocution traps, kill the animal rather quickly. So does a nooski-trap. There are lots of alternatives.

Look, I'm not going to deny that most forms of killing may involve an element of suffering, however, doing something like "oh I used a glue trap and let it suffer and die" - is that really necessary? Quite an asshole move I would have thought!

I think there is a massive, massive difference between wanting to simply get rid of a problem and capturing an animal and then choosing to torture it in an agonising fashion!

Comment

Something like a snap trap, or one of those electrocution traps, kill the animal rather quickly. So does a nooski-trap. There are lots of alternatives.

Look, I'm not going to deny that most forms of killing may involve an element of suffering, however, doing something like "oh I used a glue trap and let it suffer and die" - is that really necessary? Quite an asshole move I would have thought!

I think there is a massive, massive difference between wanting to simply get rid of a problem and capturing an animal and then choosing to torture it in an agonising fashion!
                                Sounds like your problem lies with the manufactures of these products and not the people that use them. We are all in the same boat when it come to exterminating pests, we don't want them in our homes so we devise ways to kill them. I didn't invent the ways to kill them I just do.

Comment

Working...
                                X