mexican paratrooper dragged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mexican paratrooper dragged...

From the comments it appears that he died... any us airborne paratroopers with experience on this?! To cut him loose or wench him in?! Watching that gave me chills...

He was the 13th jumper...

Holy frijoles...

Comment

Do they not have the ability to pull him in? Sure seems like no one was doing anything to help. Can you die just spinning around uncontrollably like that?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Do they not have the ability to pull him in? Sure seems like no one was doing anything to help. Can you die just spinning around uncontrollably like that?
        He went into an uncontrollable flat spin.

My squadron, we lost 8 of 18 aircraft. 10 men. First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that. You gotta let him go. You gotta let him go.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post

My squadron, we lost 8 of 18 aircraft. 10 men. First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that. You gotta let him go. You gotta let him go.
          You can be my wingman anytime.

Comment

Thass wha happen when ju screw the cartels.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Didn't die.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
                You can be my wingman anytime.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post

viper, you're so dreamy

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Didn't die.

He dead.

Comment

Can you die just spinning around uncontrollably like that?
                      Most likely if someone did die in that situation it would be from asphyxiation.

Comment

Do they not have the ability to pull him in?
                        Fast math...

Drag = (C*p*A*(v^2))/2

Drag force calculator: http://www.wolframalpha.com/widgets/...102846d9617eb8

p = Air density = 1.2754 kg/m3
                        v = Speed (assumed 150mph) = 67 m/s
                        C = Drag coefficient (for skydiver in pointed position) = 0.7
                        A = Frontal area fora skydiver with gear = 0.71 m^2

= 1423 Newtons = ~320 lbf

Imagine pulling 320 pounds with a rope when the weight on the end of the rope is flailing around violently, the rope is above your head and nearly out of reach, and you are not tied off to anything.

Not saying it's impossible, but I would guess SOP for that is not for someone to step up and try to be The Hulk

Comment

fuck. matt is smart. nigga droppin' science.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Most likely if someone did die in that situation it would be from asphyxiation.
                            the spanish article posted said passed out before he could pull his relief, so you might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Fast math...

Drag = (C*p*A*(v^2))/2

Drag force calculator: http://www.wolframalpha.com/widgets/...102846d9617eb8

p = Air density = 1.2754 kg/m3
                              v = Speed (assumed 150mph) = 67 m/s
                              C = Drag coefficient (for skydiver in pointed position) = 0.7
                              A = Frontal area fora skydiver with gear = 0.71 m^2

= 1423 Newtons = ~320 lbf

Imagine pulling 320 pounds with a rope when that rope is flailing around violently, the rope is above your head and nearly out of reach, and you are not tied off to anything.
                              Whoever is working the ramp should have a safety line, not that that would have helped him pull the other guy in.

When he realized he was hung up he should have cut the line and pulled his reserve chute, but who knows how well trained those guys were. Some people also do not react well in those situations.

He was somewhat stable at first. I'm just guessing but I'm thinking he went unconscious, which is when he started spinning. Hard to breath well in that type of wind, and with the force that his rig was surely putting on his chest.

Comment

Working...
                              X