X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use jiffy lube filters.

Comment

Originally posted by motorking View Post
      And the guy who claims his BBC blew up due to a filter collapse? What happened to your filter bypass? In a chevy its in the block, if the filter becomes plugged up for any reason, that valve will open and allow unfiltered oil through the engine. Yours did not function if the filter collapsed. It takes more than 75 psi of pressure differential to collapse a filter center tube.
      Want Reher and Morrison's phone number to ask? Last time I looked it was in the adapter that Bolts to the block and the filter spins on to.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
        You said you ran that motor for years without a rebuild. Why would it do that now and not way before.
        Just this season I've began twisting it another ~500 rpm. Stresses to up a lot from 7200 to 77-7800.

Comment

The FRAM Ultra filter is by far the best oil filter in the market. It is the only filter with a pleated stainless steel screen and two layers of full synthetic filter media, silicone anti drainback valve and 32 grams of capacity. It is 99% efficiency@20 microns and sells for 8-11 bucks. Nothing else comes close and anything that does is more expensive and usually built by FRAM. Many filters in this thread touted as being superior are made in FRAM factories. FRAM has 100% of Ford OE business today. Think about it. 7 out of the top ten selling cars in the USA are delivered from the factory with filters built by FRAM. And the guy who claims his BBC blew up due to a filter collapse? What happened to your filter bypass? In a chevy its in the block, if the filter becomes plugged up for any reason, that valve will open and allow unfiltered oil through the engine. Yours did not function if the filter collapsed. It takes more than 75 psi of pressure differential to collapse a filter center tube.
          You, sir, are not fooling anyone here.
          Too much personal experience as well as waaaay too many YouTube videos (as well as a well known website set up by someone in no way affiliated with any manufacturer) SHOWING how crappy Fram filters are.

Comment

This guy seems legit. After all, he's the king of motors and you should listen to his majesty.

Comment

Nothing else comes close and anything that does...
              Oh.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

The FRAM Ultra filter is by far the best oil filter in the market. It is the only filter with a pleated stainless steel screen and two layers of full synthetic filter media, silicone anti drainback valve and 32 grams of capacity. It is 99% efficiency@20 microns and sells for 8-11 bucks. Nothing else comes close and anything that does is more expensive and usually built by FRAM. Many filters in this thread touted as being superior are made in FRAM factories. FRAM has 100% of Ford OE business today. Think about it. 7 out of the top ten selling cars in the USA are delivered from the factory with filters built by FRAM. And the guy who claims his BBC blew up due to a filter collapse? What happened to your filter bypass? In a chevy its in the block, if the filter becomes plugged up for any reason, that valve will open and allow unfiltered oil through the engine. Yours did not function if the filter collapsed. It takes more than 75 psi of pressure differential to collapse a filter center tube.
                Show me the data and the Ford contract.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  Show me the data and the Ford contract.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                  X