Mexican NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican NASCAR

I never knew there was such a thing until yesterday. A one Carlos Pardo was killed last Sunday.
    Former NASCAR Mexico Series champion Carlos Pardo passed away Sunday following an accident during the series race at Autodromo Miguel E. Abed.

The accident occurred in the final laps of Sunday’s event in Puebla. Pardo was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.

“Carlos Pardo was a tremendous competitor and person,” said Chad Little, Director of Racing Development, NASCAR Mexico. “On behalf of everybody in the NASCAR family, our thoughts and prayers go out to Carlos’ family and friends.”

Pardo ran in 74 NASCAR Mexico Series events, winning 10 races and eight poles. He was the 2004 series champion. He also competed in six NASCAR Camping World Series East races between 2004-05, and in the 2006 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Mexico City.

Sunday’s event concluded due to the time limit following the accident. In accordance with the series rule book, the finishing order reverted back to the last completed green-flag lap and Pardo, who was leading at that time, was declared the winner.

Pardo’s brother, Ruben, also competes in the NASCAR Mexico Series and has competed in the NASCAR Camping World Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Now who was the dummy who thought it would be a great idea to have openinings on the track?

ay yai yai...

Good thing the other 7 people in the car weren't injured.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
      Good thing the other 7 people in the car weren't injured.
      That's a good one.....lol
      2012 GT - Brembo car
      "Sell crazy some place else, were all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets.

Comment

I'm surprised they were able to get the guy out.

Comment

that was like 2 years ago
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
            that was like 2 years ago
            The video had to be snuck over the border. It takes time.

Comment

that's a spec series that employees 3 dudes that live in a shack that stick weld all of those chassis together outdoors.........it's amazing they haven't killed more of them
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                that's a spec series that employees 3 dudes that live in a shack that stick weld all of those chassis together outdoors.........it's amazing they haven't killed more of them
                Nice! So you're saying that the cure for the border problems is to fund nascar-mexico?

Comment

yup
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

that straight-away looked like a whoops section at a supercross track.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Doesn't surprise me at all considering Chad Little is involved... He's crashed more cars than Buster...

Comment

Judging by the crowd in the stands, it's not real popular. I'm stunned that Mexico not only owns a helicopter without guns mounted on it, but that someone there is smart enough to fly the damn thing.

Comment

This thread is full of hate and racism. I believe it should be deleted.

Comment

I thought it was going to be the picture of a group of "landscapers" all mowing in a circle. I shoulda saved that when I got it on my phone a while back.
                            2007 R1 Lots of mods-sold, 2006 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              This thread is full of hate and racism. I believe it should be deleted.
                              You can pull the trigger anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X