The universe is a mysterious place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The universe is a mysterious place

Amazing Videos, Funny Clips. Updated daily.

My mind is blown the fuck up.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

I love this type of shit. Quantum Mechanics, string theory, theory of everything. I really should have gone into science as a profession.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

wouldn't the light hit the very edge of the opening and the solid and bounce?

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        I love this type of shit. Quantum Mechanics, string theory, theory of everything. I really should have gone into science as a profession.
        We live in an era where the answer to virtually everything is a few clicks or keystrokes away. A good reminder that we don't know dick is humbling.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It is not "Through the Wormhole" It is "Through the Wormhole WITH MORGAN FREEMAN!"
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

That is crazy. Sometimes I wish I had gone through school as a physics major, but I hate math.

This book was required reading when I was in AP Physics:
            [ame]http://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Princeton-Science-Library/dp/0691125759[/ame]

It's interesting if you like reading about hard science, but if you don't, and you don't have a firm grasp on physics, it is going to put you to sleep or bore you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
              wouldn't the light hit the very edge of the opening and the solid and bounce?
              Not to be rude, but when entire branches of science (quantum mechanics and quantum electrodynamics in this case) are centered on the unexpected results of things like the double slit experiment I don't think any "well, what about ______" coming from anyone on the internet will ever be correct.

The fact that the photons are behaving as both a wave and a particle (generating blips on a detector, but also generating an interference pattern) at the same time is well above any of our heads.

No offense intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Not to be rude, but when entire branches of science (quantum mechanics and quantum electrodynamics in this case) are centered on the unexpected results of things like the double slit experiment I don't think any "well, what about ______" coming from anyone on the internet will ever be correct.

The fact that the photons are behaving as both a wave and a particle (generating blips on a detector, but also generating an interference pattern) at the same time is well above any of our heads.

No offense intended.
                It's just the weak force playing games with your head, bro.

I stayed at a holiday inn express last night. I'm an experto!

Comment

Fast forward to the year 2180 when during the Jupiter TEDtalks discussion they go back to that critical moment in 2014 when HaHaUHaveAIDS postulated the theory that upended the physics world with "How can Mirrors be Real when our Eyes aren't Real? huehuehue i rekt ur mom"

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
                    Fast forward to the year 2180 when during the Jupiter TEDtalks discussion they go back to that critical moment in 2014 when HaHaUHaveAIDS postulated the theory that upended the physics world with "How can Mirrors be Real when our Eyes aren't Real? huehuehue i rekt ur mom"
                    LMAO! Had to get another guy from work to join in on the laughs.

Comment

The first rule of reality is we don't talk about reality.

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That's a solid grenade to the mind.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how much the species (humans) look back on ancestors and laugh at their ignorance still thinks so highly of ourselves... Yeah... you figured out how to create facebook... good job, here's your cookie... not sit the fuck down in the corner and stop patting yourself on the back you idiot. We understand maybe .000000000001% of the universe and yet think we've conquered the whole damn thing.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X