Florida Judge and Lawyer brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Judge and Lawyer brawl

Too bad the action is off camera, but it sounds like quite a commotion. lolz I added a couple of "Judge"'s into the article to make it clear which was which. Kind of bullshit the Judge was allowed to just go about his day.

A fight between a judge and a public defender broke out in a courtroom in Brevard County Florida on Monday.

Judge John Murphy was allegedly trying to get public defender Andrew Weinstock to waive his client’s right to a speedy trial.

Video footage shows Judge Murphy telling Weinstock, “You know, if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.” Weinstock responds, “You know I’m the public defender. I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my client.”

Judge Murphy then invites Weinstock to go out to a hallway in the back so they could settle their dispute with fists. Judge Murphy is heard saying, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll just beat your ass.”

Public defender Blaise Trettis said Weinstock thought Murphy just wanted to talk, but was unpleasantly surprised. Trettis told WFTV, “The attorney said that immediately upon entering the hallway he was grabbed by the collar and began to be struck. There was no discussion, no talk, not even time for anything. Just as soon as they’re in the hallway, the attorney was grabbed.”

Deputies broke up the fight and Judge Murphy went right back into the courtroom and finished up. Murphy was not charged with anything, but the incident will be reported to the Florida Bar Association.

What an idiot, once he's thrown out on his ass I hope they have him on Tosh.0 for a web redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      What an idiot, once he's thrown out on his ass I hope they have him on Tosh.0 for a web redemption.

I hope the lawyer takes him to Judge Judy so she can chew him out!!

Comment

That's how shit should be settled, haha!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I hope the lawyer takes him to Judge Judy so she can chew him out!!
          At least they're being judged by a peer!

Comment

What you didnt hear was the client asking for " trial by combat".

Comment

'Murica

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                What you didnt hear was the client asking for " trial by combat".
                Nice.

Shit video, though, I wanted to see them throw down.

Comment

I thought the Judge was pretty clear about what was going to happen in the hallway, lol.
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

He'll be disbarred.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                      I thought the Judge was pretty clear about what was going to happen in the hallway, lol.

I noticed watching it a second time that he interrupted the judge when the judge asked him to step outside. I don't think he heard the ass kicking part, or realized the Judge was adding to his statement, his head was completely oblivious. Watch his body language and the way the "challenge" is stated again. It doesn't even register to the lawyer. Kind of an interesting sociological video, really. lol

Comment

That judge should be suspended, if not disbarred, for all of that nonsense. I don't know, and frankly don't care, what the public defender did or said prior to the start of that video - a judge shouldn't ever act like that. Good God! I guess he failed his judicial decorum class in judge school. Having said that, the public defender knew damn good and well that he wasn't walking out in the hallway for a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                          That judge should be suspended, if not disbarred, for all of that nonsense. I don't know, and frankly don't care, what the public defender did or said prior to the start of that video - a judge shouldn't ever act like that. Good God! I guess he failed his judicial decorum class in judge school. Having said that, the public defender knew damn good and well that he wasn't walking out in the hallway for a discussion.
                          I dunno. If you know you are about to throw down, you aren't carrying a folder outside with you. You generally get yourself ready as you're walking.

Comment

Heard this on the radio yesterday afternoon. I heard the Florida Bar suspended the judge for 2 weeks, though I couldn't find a news story backing that up.

I thought it was interesting that the people in the courtroom applauded the judge when he returned. The public defender must have been a real douche.
                            Last edited by Chili; 06-04-2014, 08:45 AM. Reason: misread quote

Comment

Either that or they wanted their sentences reduced!

Comment

Working...
                              X