new whip - '13 wrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    I really want one of those as a daily but I just cant pony up what they want for them. They are kinda pricey and my truck payment is enough for now. Been looking at them a lot lately. $27kish for a base model?
    The 2015 base model WRX is 26295 msrp, but they don't make a wagon for this model year, and probably won't for this generation. Which is stupid. That means the 2014 and earlier model wagons will hold value well.

Comment

Hellyeah, That will be fun in Virginia winters. Nice ride.

I need a new ride. Looking at mid-size SUV's.

Comment

Sweet ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Hellyeah, That will be fun in Virginia winters. Nice ride.

I need a new ride. Looking at mid-size SUV's.
          Wife was looking at mid-size SUVs until she realized she wanted a Q50. The MDX and RDX are really nice. Plus if you get a black one, we can go back to calling you BlackAc

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Wife was looking at mid-size SUVs until she realized she wanted a Q50. The MDX and RDX are really nice. Plus if you get a black one, we can go back to calling you BlackAc
            LOL. Nope, wont be an Acura. 4Runner or Explorer Sport if I get one.

Comment

Nice! I've kind of had my eye on a late model WRX myself.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                We'll probably tint it...
                If you care, check the tinting laws in VA. Unless they've recently changed I think it's 50 for front windows and 35 for back. What is allowed is as if the windows aren't even tinted.

Comment

i like that! congrats!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Digging the shit out of that.

Comment

"whip"
                      /cringe
                      sigpic

Comment

I like it!
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

We own two 5 door GR's. A silver 2012 WRX (wife's daily) and a Dark Gray 2010 STi (garage queen), same color as yours.

They are FUN little cars. We used the 2010 STi for our run at One Lap of America this year and it did fantastic.

First mod I would suggest is getting longer wheel studs and putting 1" spacers under those factory wheels. Makes the car look MUCH better! Also, there are tons of coil over kits available out there but don't go for the cheap stuff or the RaceComp Engineering Tarmac series. They are not cheap, but the Ohlins we put on the STi are f'n great. Just don't go wild with spring rates as those crappy roads in that part of the country get uncomfortable. The shocks and struts from an STi can be made to fit a WRX and that is one of my summer projects is to take the factory STi package and install on the WRX. Same spring rates but the shocks have WAY stiffer dampening. Bolts on with a small modification to front struts.

Also, lighter wheels makes a huge difference in how the car runs. Most Subaru experts tell me to figure 30-33% for driveline loss so making the driveline light is a BIG help. We put some OZ Allegeritas on the wrx which were nearly 10# lighter per wheel and the car felt a lot better under acceleration.

Braking is also weak and I suggest an upgrade in the front. We put the 328mm stoptech kit on the WRX and it is FAR better than stock. Stock would fade with spirited driving on the street.

If you want to up the fun factor, get the full Cobb stage 2 package. really wakes up the car and is safe enough to not worry about blowing it up...however, your warranty will be toast.

They chew up oil pretty quick. Turbo = Heat. Change it often and use a good synthetic. Consider installing an oil cooler if you are going to drive it hard. Also, look into installing an oil separator in the PCV system to keep oil out of the intercooler and causing detonation. www.conceptualpolymers.com is what I am using.

The 5 doors will hold value for a long time. We have had people offer a lot more than we paid for our 2012 and the 2010 would probably bring low to mid 30's right now. Prices are staying WAY up as people want the 5 doors for the space. Don't ever get rid of it if you can.

PM me if you have any questions as you learn the car. I have had to learn a lot in the last few months getting ready for One Lap. Also, Nasioc is great for info but also has a lot of BS info too.

Great purchase. Enjoy the shit out of it!

PS. Keep an eye on the hard line turbo oil feed. There is a compression fitting that is soldered to the hardline and likes to crack. Will squirt oil everywhere. There is a decent fix but it's a PITA getting the parts to convert the turbo feed and valve timing control to -AN fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            ftfy

should find one where they turn the intake 180 degrees and have a front mount with a gigantic turbo. Actually looks cleaner than that front mount setup! LOL!

Comment

Resale value is insane on these vehicles. I just couldnt justify one because of the meh interior, not so great mpg, and insurance rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                LOL. Nope, wont be an Acura. 4Runner or Explorer Sport if I get one.
                                Man go take an extended drive of the mdx. I was just about set on getting my wife the explorer sport, but that damn acura was waaaaaay nicer.
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X