Anyone have black chrome wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have black chrome wheels?

Saw this ad on cl and was curious if anyone else has these or anything like it. I'm thinking about getting a set for my car.

I don't and I'm not a fan of black wheels but black chromes look good.

Comment

For $1, that's a steal!

Comment

I personally would get something in brushed aluminum for a white car.

Comment

black chrome is tits

Comment

friend had some on his 93 cobra, looked awesome.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I do on the front of my race car. The only thing is, it is a dragster.

If the chrome is done right, they look great
              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I had 03 cobra replicas black chrome with deep dish rears looked great on my coupe.

Comment

I know a few guys on Stangnet that got FR500s in black chrome and some one got Ford GT wheels in black chrome and the black washed off when they used a wheel cleaner on them. Its been so long since I have seen the threads I don't know if it was just a certain brand or what. I know they guy said never use chemicals on it, just soap and water.
                  I used that black chrome Duplicolor paint on my last BMWs grill and it seemed to hold fine even when I accidentally hit it with a buffer.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I think they look good
                    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                      If the chrome is done right, they look great
                      Talked to the guy in the ad and he said he backs his wheels with a warranty. Also does work for local dealers. But I haven't had a chance to actually see the wheels.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                      I know a few guys on Stangnet that got FR500s in black chrome and some one got Ford GT wheels in black chrome and the black washed off when they used a wheel cleaner on them. Its been so long since I have seen the threads I don't know if it was just a certain brand or what. I know they guy said never use chemicals on it, just soap and water.
                      I used that black chrome Duplicolor paint on my last BMWs grill and it seemed to hold fine even when I accidentally hit it with a buffer.
                      Guy in the ad also mentioned that when we were talking about the warranty. He said chemicals in some wheel cleaners will damage the wheels. So basically stay away from those because they won't fix them for that.

Comment

I do and fucking love them. Its PVD (look it up) so not really chrome. Just have to wash them with soap. Not degreaser. Had mine a year already and no problems. And that price is cheap if its real PVD. I do this as well at work and we pay more than that. We do have to send them to San Francisco so that adds to the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
                          Its PVD (look it up) so not really chrome
                          Is that for all of ghost chrome, or 'low end' mass production? I was one time looking at getting it done and the person said it could be done via anodizing the object, with a diluted black. I never had it done or saw any results

Comment

Working...
                          X