No announcement yet.

Anyone into car audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you choose your head units? I have an alpine cda9815 that I've had Forever with its own dedicated power supply and every vehicle I install it into gets a drastic improvement in clarity.

I want a new one but it's been a long long time since I've specd a headunit

Comment

• I chose them based on clarity and processors. Most prefer to run outboard DSPs now but for me some decks have enough in them. The Pioneer P99 is pretty much king of the hill for single din decks. 4 D/A converters, 31 band EQs per side, digital time alignment, on board 4 way crossover, copper chasis and has a glass face.
      I love mine. Its the best deck I have ever touched.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• More goodness has arrived today. Man these tweeters are tiny!

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Well the Sinfoni T25T is installed and I started out with them as a basic install in the doors to see how they perform really off axis. In a week or so I will be aiming them back apx 30* but as it stands now these things perform amazing off axis. Leaning forward in the seat didnt seem to improve the sound at all.

I was worried about these tweeters because they are so small and they are replacing Scab Speak R2904s so they had some HUGE shoes to fill. Right off the bat they were tamer in the 5-12k range but its only took .5db-2db gains in that area to make them sparkle like the scans. For the most part they sound eerily similar. Smooth yet crisp and just love to play loud. They pair well with the T65W woofer as well and deck gains match for the mids and tweeters. Even the auto EQ didnt want to change them.

But for now I have blown 3 hours listening to them and my ears are ringing. I like them and as I get the tune dialed in I am sure I will be in love.

Comment

• Made a couple small changes that really made these come alive!

Comment

• And the goodness scheduled for Saturday.

Comment

• All this stuff you've bought, going into one vehicle?
                WH

Comment

• Most has been sold for the better stuff. Currently running Sinfoni components, Mosconi amps and Stereo Integrity subs.

Comment

• Texas HeatWave event today. I was hanging with Team Focal and got to demo some superb rides. Also was nice getting some real pros help dialing in that last little bit on my system. Cant believe how great it sounds now that the TA is dialed in. I think I am going to compete next time.

[URL=http://s185.photobucket.com/user/orange92gt/media/2015%20Heatwave/IMG_20150725_140627906_HDR_zpsekcvzyo9.jpg.html]

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• i remember when i was 16...

Comment

• Uh-oh! Something showed up for me to play with. 60 watt mono-block pure class A amplifier. Need two for each door. That will be quite costly! LOL

Here is their link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...546739035.html

Comment

Working...
                            X