No announcement yet.

Who's car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it went 9s with two SVO T3 turbos, but went a little slower with the big single since the converter didn't like the powerband. I think he either lost interest or life got in the way at that point. That was a cool car.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I have an unhealthy fascination with that car.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
        Yep. I rememeber running FFW True Street right after he converted it to a single turbo and he took a piece of electrical tape and turned one of the t's into an x. "TX MONT"
        Thought I remember seeing it back in '01 in denton at the track. Ever since I've been a fan of fairmonts and upside down shorties.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Thought I remember seeing it back in '01 in denton at the track. Ever since I've been a fan of fairmonts and upside down shorties.
          Sure, what were you like 9 years old?
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Sure, what were you like 9 years old?
            11 or 12, can't remember if it was before or after FFW in September.

Was in 2002 now that i think about it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Pretty sure it went 9s with two SVO T3 turbos, but went a little slower with the big single since the converter didn't like the powerband. I think he either lost interest or life got in the way at that point. That was a cool car.
              Yup, I was there for the first run with the big turbo, me AL P, BSharer, Mike and it was baffling, it was running 9's and then lost power with the single. It was a sad day when he sold that car...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                you too could be the owner of said upside down shorties.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I remember seeing it go a 9.9 at the Motorplex way back then, when it had the twins on it....Fun Ford weekend I think. That was before I ever met Bryan.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Yup, I was there for the first run with the big turbo, me AL P, BSharer, Mike and it was baffling, it was running 9's and then lost power with the single. It was a sad day when he sold that car...
                    I think that was the same year that Marty and Adam smashed the Caddy in front of our hotel...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                      I think that was the same year that Marty and Adam smashed the Caddy in front of our hotel...
                      I'm the one that took care of Adam's girlfriend for the night, well...you know...since he jetted out of town and all...

BOOSTED BABY!!!

Comment

I'm the one that took care of Adam's girlfriend for the night, well...you know...since he jetted out of town and all...

BOOSTED BABY!!!
                        I know when we all went to dinner she was pissed. I think I have the pics of the cops asking Marty if he wanted to see Houston's finest jail cell for the nigt.

Comment

Working...
                        X