Stocks sell instant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocks sell instant

About 6 years ago i was playing around with a free options trading program. I could run the program fine but there was one problem. My options would never sell as quick as I wanted them too or for as much money as they were at when i decided to sell

For example AAPL would go way up. And then i would sell. But it would always take at least 20 or 30 minutes and there would always be some money missing. Not just the trading fee. Like it was always somehow lower.

Are there any traders on here? If so have you ran into this problem? Maybe its just an options thing and isnt a problem with stocks
    WH

I use Schwab and a friend of mine was having similar issues on options with who he was using, so we started comparing the two swapping screen shots. My options chains were always more up to date then his. In fact his trades were even showing up on mine under last trade before they were on his. I think he was with TD, after that he switched all his over to Schwab.

Comment

Solid thread placement...

Comment

pics or it didn't happen.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Solid thread placement...
          I lol'd
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Look up hft´s. High frequency traders.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              I use Schwab and a friend of mine was having similar issues on options with who he was using, so we started comparing the two swapping screen shots. My options chains were always more up to date then his. In fact his trades were even showing up on mine under last trade before they were on his. I think he was with TD, after that he switched all his over to Schwab.
              Do they do stocks or just options? I dont think options are for me. They seem extremely volatile, and it never fails they always go the opposite direction of what i pick. I even started saying "Fine ill go with the opposite of what I think!

And they still went the opposite of that lol

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
              Look up hft´s. High frequency traders.
              Ill take a look.

While we re' on the subject. What are some of yalls strategies? Buy and hold? And does anybody do penny stocks? Lets start a discussion
              WH

Comment

Charles Schwab does everything like most major brokerage firms. I got away from both options and penny stocks due to poor decisions on my part lol.

Comment

Anybody made a significant amount of money? And what was your strategy?

I was thinking of waiting until certain companies dip way down and then just try a buy and hold. Some of them it just seems like you can't keep them down. THey are always going to go back up. Of course this is a vanilla strategy but hey gotta start learning somewhere
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Anybody made a significant amount of money? And what was your strategy?
                    Yes. Deep fundamental analysis.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Yes. Deep fundamental analysis.
                      That's cool, but what I'm really looking for is what one might call a "get rich quick" plan. You know, how do I get the maximum return on a minimal investment of both effort and money.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        That's cool, but what I'm really looking for is what one might call a "get rich quick" plan. You know, how do I get the maximum return on a minimal investment of both effort and money.
                        I know of only one tipe of invustment that falls into those kategories.
                        My friend, prince Ali takeyobread, has a small problem. His current funds of 6.8 billions can't be used in his countries . These only way for the prince to get his money is for you to wire him $2500. If you wills just provide your bank akount, your ss#, and your mothers maid name, the prince will bless you with 10x the amount you provide himself. We will make sure your funds are deposited immediately once we recieve the $2500. God bleese you

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            What are some of yalls strategies?
                            Generally I try to buy low and sell high.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Generally I try to buy low and sell high.

I like to sell high then buy back lower.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X