Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tree that fought back

Apparently the guy wasn't seriously injured

He clearly doesn't know how to properly cut a limb..

Comment

Damn he got lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        He clearly doesn't know how to properly cut a limb..

This.

A good friend of mine is an arborist. He's like a friggin' artist 50' off the ground.

Comment

Is that Timber Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Is that Timber Jack.
            I saw lincolnboy posted, so I came back. I am dissapoint.

On the other hand, he made a really obscure reference and screwed up the punctuation on a four-word sentence. Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
              I saw lincolnboy posted, so I came back. I am dissapoint.

On the other hand, he made a really obscure reference and screwed up the punctuation on a four-word sentence. Meh...
              Some men just want to watch the world burn.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Apparently the guy wasn't seriously injured
                That's to bad...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Lmao i like the Fuck.911 or not lmao.

Comment

I don't understand how cut three on he narrow crotch doesn't pinch the saw.

Comment

Even she laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                        Cut 2 took the limb off. By cut 3 there is very little weight left, much of it vertical rather than horizontal.

That pic should clarify that cut 2 is what removes the limb. Cut 3 is simply the clean up cut to ensure you do not damage the tree. It also allows the limb to fall in a more level manner, instead of hanging up like it did in the video.

Cut 1 is made about 1/3rd into the limb and is there so that when cut 2 is made the limb does not split and run down to the trunk. On larger limbs, it will start to split, but when it gets to cut 1, it usually just breaks and falls.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                          Because the major part of the limb has already fallen by cut 2.

Cut 3 is only cutting the foot.

IMO even if he did a 3 step cut it would've still been in danger of hitting him as it was far too long. He needed to cut off the limb in sections, or if doing a single limbe have it rigged with a rope swing to control its descent.

Comment

yeah, what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
                              Because the major part of the limb has already fallen by cut 2.

Cut 3 is only cutting the foot.

IMO even if he did a 3 step cut it would've still been in danger of hitting him as it was far too long. He needed to cut off the limb in sections, or if doing a single limbe have it rigged with a rope swing to control its descent.
                              Yeah, and just to add, it looks like they were just taking the tree down anyways, so cut 3 wouldn't really be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X