Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a new project. 69 Lesabre convertible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a new project. 69 Lesabre convertible.

My dad and I are still working on the 57 cadillac, but we wanted something that could make a more immediate impact on the fun scale. Picked up a 1969 Lesabre 400 convertible. 350 4bbl with a TH400 transmission. Drug it out of a storage facility over in Terrell. Had enough dirt on it to grow potatoes and it wouldn't start. Took a water pump, tune up, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, carburetor kit, and a set of tires to get it road worthy.

It's pretty much rust free with the exceptions of a few holes in the trunk pan. Still needs the A/C fixed, the driver rear window fixed and a new top put on it, but for the most part, it's in decent shape.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics.

I dig the shit out of that.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I know what more about these cars than I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        I know what more about these cars than I should.
        that's cause you had sweet intimate lovemaking with one.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Nice to know the interiors didn't change in 20 years. We had an '87 growing up as our family cruiser. The interior looks almost identical.

Comment

Nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I dig the shit out of that.
              I never looked at the lesabre, but I always loved the skylark. Sadly, for the price of a skylark, you might as well just pick up a chevelle and be done with it. Picked this one up for $3500 and it's close enough. Part of me wants an LS1 swap.

Comment

That looks like its in pretty good shape, nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  That looks like its in pretty good shape, nice find.
                  It really is. It's in better shape than most of the classics that I see, especially on the rust department. My old cougar was a rust bucket, even the cadillac had quite a bit on it, but not this one. Benefit of being a driver, then stored indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    I never looked at the lesabre, but I always loved the skylark. Sadly, for the price of a skylark, you might as well just pick up a chevelle and be done with it. Picked this one up for $3500 and it's close enough. Part of me wants an LS1 swap.
                    thats a good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      thats a good deal!
                      Guy was leaving the state and just trying to get rid of as much as possible. Also didn't want to sell it to "ghetto types".

Comment

It really is. It's in better shape than most of the classics that I see, especially on the rust department. My old cougar was a rust bucket, even the cadillac had quite a bit on it, but not this one. Benefit of being a driver, then stored indoors.
                        Cougar?

Comment

Big Pimpin... drive the shit out of it as is.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            Cougar?
                            Yeah, I had a 70 cougar. Top was rusted, quarters, floor pans, cowl, etc. Fixed it up, drove it, got sick of no A/C and 8mpg, and sold it.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            Big Pimpin... drive the shit out of it as is.
                            Pretty much the plan. Might change the wheels down the road. The LS1 would be fun, but TBH, that old 350 has plenty for daily driving.

Comment

Guy was leaving the state and just trying to get rid of as much as possible. Also didn't want to sell it to "ghetto types".
                              if I owned it, that bitch would be ghetto as fuck

Comment

Working...
                              X