Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antarctic DC-3 Recovery

Pretty impressive!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

way better ending than the last recovery video I watched.

Comment

That's a cool story.

Comment

Real cool story

Comment

Originally posted by Ktulu View Post
          way better ending than the last recovery video I watched.
          Where the plane caught on fire after they recovered it and tried to get it going?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
            Where the plane caught on fire after they recovered it and tried to get it going?

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

awesome video.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's cool.

Sucks about the one that caught fire I remember watching that years ago.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Very cool! I thought they were going to disassemble it and reassemble/repair it in a hanger somewhere.

Comment

I did not see Captain America anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                        I did not see Captain America anywhere?
                        Have you not seen the documentary they already got him out.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Awesome. Would watch again. I'm kind of surprised they couldn't find replacement parts. I thought we had grave yards full of DC3 parts and other planes from WWII.

Edit: I'm surprised they had a hard time finding them is what I meant.
                          Last edited by CJ-95GT; 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            Awesome. Would watch again. I'm kind of surprised they couldn't find replacement parts. I thought we had grave yards full of DC3 parts and other planes from WWII.

Edit: I'm surprised they had a hard time finding them is what I meant.
                            The graveyards for the WW2 birds have been gone a long time... Yes, a bunch of -3's were built, but the civilian -3 was last built in 42' and the Militarys last one rolled of the line in 45'. almost 70 years ago!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

The KeeBird was a tragic story. I've got a couple of books on it at home. And it was quite a different situation, since it was in the Arctic.

Glad to see this gooney bird saved!

Maybe a little less well-known, but still an incredible story is Glacier Girl.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X