2015 Tahoe ppv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Tahoe ppv

Not 100% sold on the new Tahoe look. But for anyone who cares, here ya go... If I heard right, I'm glad they're coming out with a pursuit rated 4x4. That's new and will be nice. We have had several 4x4 patrol cars.
    Last edited by Tannerm; 04-24-2014, 12:24 AM.

4x4? I guess they saw that video of the cop getting stuck on the median, hehehe.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      4x4? I guess they saw that video of the cop getting stuck on the median, hehehe.
      Funny story. Back in Dec when we got raped by that ice, I had to take a dispatcher home to Springtown. I was in our 09 4x4 Silverado (4 Dr full patrol ready with lights and graphics). It was horrendous that night. It would have taken normally 35 min to get there but took me 1.5 hours. Omw back I was coming up on 114 in rhome. I see a car at the exit which looked stuck. I pull up behind them and lit up my rear red n blues. It was a rhome cop in a vic. Stuck like chuck. It was quite funny. Poor guy was just laughing. He was out there shutting down that on ramp/bridge because it wasn't passable. As he was pulling out he got caught up in the ice/snow in the median. He said the bridge was a nightmare but go ahead and try if I wanted. Trucked right on thru. He was able to rock himself out. The silverado, tahoe, and expedition we have in 4x4 paid for themselves in gold that week... it was a damn pain... One night I got called in and had to drive a tahoe with chains. If I scared the crap outa 15mph, the tahoe would get squirrely...

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        Not 100% sold on the new Tahoe look.
        Me neither. Looks like a 4Runner and an Explorer made a love-child:

I guess there's only so much you can do with a giant boxy SUV, though.

Comment

I hate the stupid fucking square wheel wells
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I hate the looks as well. They had a nice start, then when they got to wrapping it up, up top they ruined it. Looks like they smashed the top down. Its nice and round and the top is flat and square. The headlights are also ugly, the split design is weird. Yukon is a bit better on design details, but still has the ugly up top look.

Comment

I bought my wife a 2014 Suburban and I am glad I did, they pretty much shit the bed on the new ones I think. What is odd is that I like the new trucks just fine, just not the SUV.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                Me neither. Looks like a 4Runner and an Explorer made a love-child:

I guess there's only so much you can do with a giant boxy SUV, though.
                I was thinking a Tahoe and a trailblazer banged it out.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Local pd went with the Explorer ppv and I don't particularly care for some things but they are still better than some options.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    I was thinking a Tahoe and a trailblazer banged it out.
                    Another good combo that could make this fugly thing. Those square wheel wells are killing me.

Also, I haven't heard anyone say "banged it out" since I was in high school, lol!

Comment

Square wheel wells are so 1980's

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Seems departments around this area are concentrating more on unorthodox-type unmarked cars. Like a Ford F-250 with camper shell, Camaro with the plate R U DUI, a Pontiac Grand Prix as well as a late model Impala with what looks like junkyard black steel wheels minus the shiny center cap that most black-wheeled cruisers have.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          Seems departments around this area are concentrating more on unorthodox-type unmarked cars. Like a Ford F-250 with camper shell, Camaro with the plate R U DUI, a Pontiac Grand Prix as well as a late model Impala with what looks like junkyard black steel wheels minus the shiny center cap that most black-wheeled cruisers have.
                          You don't have to pull over for an unmarked vehicle.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Another good combo that could make this fugly thing. Those square wheel wells are killing me.

Also, I haven't heard anyone say "banged it out" since I was in high school, lol!
                            I didn't know that was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              You don't have to pull over for an unmarked vehicle.
                              Good luck with all that. Just because you don't have to, doesn't mean they won't shoot or beat you once you do stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X