Said goodbye to the '13 5.0, and hello to the 3.5 Eco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    I did the same thing last year...traded out of my 13' 5.0 into a new EcoDouche.

I love it so far...way more comfortable and a lot more practical for my current needs.

I'm too paranoid to do a tune on it though...it has plenty of power as a DD as-is, and I've read too many horror stories....apparently they are very quick to void warranty, and I sure don't want to pay out of pocket if something does go wrong. I bought an extended too....wouldn't want to lose that.
    Not that it means much, my mothers 2011 lariat eco boost has had a SCT tune and heart rhrob 4" cat back on since 7k miles. It has 48k now with not having a single issue. Truck runs amazing.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
      Wheel locks are a must, you're right. CO Springs is a sketchy area, nice living in base though. The home boy is one of my Soldiers I brought with me on the four day lol. He better not steal it..
      zero disrespect to your homeboy, BTW... I have enough tokens to trump ANY claims of racism!! LOL just making a funny

nice truck... 14 year model?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Fort Carson and the east side may be sketchy, but the Springs is a nicer area than most of DFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
          Not that it means much, my mothers 2011 lariat eco boost has had a SCT tune and heart rhrob 4" cat back on since 7k miles. It has 48k now with not having a single issue. Truck runs amazing.
          That's good to hear. Isn't it near impossible to remove the tune from one of these with no ECM footprint?
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

The only thing they can see is the flash count. If you take a bone stock truck in for warranty work, they'll most likely get you taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              zero disrespect to your homeboy, BTW... I have enough tokens to trump ANY claims of racism!! LOL just making a funny

Gotcha man. Its a 13. Going on deployment in less than a year. By the time we get back in 2016, it should have held its value only having around 5k-6k miles on it, you think?

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Fort Carson and the east side may be sketchy, but the Springs is a nicer area than most of DFW.
              Southeast side and fountain area are pretty decent. West/Broadmoor area is nice as hell. North CS is where you have to be worried, from the citadel mall up a few blocks.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

So, what you are saying is that you can't be racist because you have black friends. I've heard that one before.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  So, what you are saying is that you can't be racist because you have black friends. I've heard that one before.
                  that's what tokens are for

Comment

Congrats on the new truck. I kind of went the opposite direction myself. I've been driving my 04 suburban for 10 years and am only 38 years old. Call it a midlife crisis if you want, but I decided I'm tired of looking like grandpa driving a suburban to drop my kids off, I got me a 2014 Mustang GT to do my running around in. Although the kids get a bit cramped in the back seat, all their friends are constantly commenting about how cool the car is, so they'll just have to deal with it LOL.
                    Carl S.
                    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
                    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
                    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
                    sigpic

Comment

That's good to hear. Isn't it near impossible to remove the tune from one of these with no ECM footprint?
                      Take the tune off before you go to the dealer and put a drive cycle on it. They have no way of telling that it was tuned after that. I was ordering my tuner while I was sitting in Josh's office waiting on make ready to finish cleaning mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                        Take the tune off before you go to the dealer and put a drive cycle on it. They have no way of telling that it was tuned after that. I was ordering my tuner while I was sitting in Josh's office waiting on make ready to finish cleaning mine.
                        Did you get any gas mileage benefits from the tune?
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Did you get any gas mileage benefits from the tune?
                          On the highway I picked up about 1.5-2mpg. Around town it's neglible because I can't keep my foot out of it because it's so fun. I've had SSI and 5 star tunes and SSI is by far the best for power, driveability and performance. It's not a can tune. Shawn will send you a base tune, you datalog it and send it back to him and he mKes refinements. We've got tune only guys running low 13's in the quarter.

Comment

Love those fucking trucks!

Comment

Working...
                            X