RHD Australian CAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHD Australian CAT

We've been building right hand drive units for CAT. They're based on our ProStar platform and are being exported to Australia. I can't say that it hasn't been a struggle as CAT is very particular in how they want their shit built, but I don't blame them. Nice truck and a hoot to drive.

The richest man in Babylon

What engine are yall using in them?

Comment

Engine details? Navistar with Cummins SCR?

Comment

It's a CAT 15L engine. None scr.

Most of our domestic on road stuff is being built with the Cummins 13L scr however. We even just rolled out a Cummins engine in our school buses. The Maxxforce is still being used in our severe service stuff.

Comment

Few more pics:

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
            It's a CAT 15L engine. None scr.

Most of our domestic on road stuff is being built with the Cummins 13L scr however. We even just rolled out a Cummins engine in our school buses. The Maxxforce is still being used in our severe service stuff.
            Ahh, just did some searching. It seems AUS has more relaxed emissions laws (for now) and on-highway HD down there is equivalent to EPA2007 or Euro5.

Interesting.

Comment

Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Ahh, just did some searching. It seems AUS has more relaxed emissions laws (for now) and on-highway HD down there is equivalent to EPA2007 or Euro5.

Interesting.
                Was wondering how CAT got their engines back into an on-highway...

Comment

Power ratings on that engine?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    Power ratings on that engine?
                    If he can find the engine arrangement number, I can tell you exactly what it makes.

Comment

Something like that is probably 550hp@2100 I can take a look at the ticket when I get over there this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X