My present to myself to celebrate 50 years of Mustangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Nope, they have some "smart" knock sensors that will de-tune to run on 87 octane and give you 392HP and if you run 93 octane you get 412, this is on the 11-12 5.0, I haven't looked at the numbers on the 13-14's but I'm sure they are real similar.
    Is that like what the Corvettes have had for a decade plus? Hell, I think even Honda has been doing that forever!

Comment

Congrats!!! Car looks beautiful and well deserved!

Comment

nice cars!

Comment

Really dig the notch!
          "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Thanks guys, I love both cars. The notch is a track only car. Even though it is an 80 and technically could be registered as an antique, there is just too much that would go into trying to get it street worthy, mainly wiring, tires, and exhaust. I haven't ran it since November and the best pass then was 1.27 sixty, 5.60@124 on Gen 1 Mickey Radials in Ultra street trim at 3120 lbs.

I plan to make the next tank or two, premium 93 octane and see how it affects mileage. I filled up Monday evening and so far on my daily commuting I'm averaging 21 mpg and trying to keep my foot from going more than about 1/4 throttle on the go pedal LOL.

I did have some guy in a BMW trying to jack with me on the highway this morning, a bit too much traffic to get a side by side run. He was rolling 80-90 and kicking it up here and there, but when I had room and laid into it, he was nowhere to be found LOL.
            Carl S.
            2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
            80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
            9.32@128 pedaling it half track
            sigpic

Comment

Both cars are very nice.

Comment

Nice car. Nice color. Congratulations.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I guess I should take some engine and interior pics, but then again those areas look like every other Coyote mustang you've seen with leather LOL.
                  Carl S.
                  2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
                  80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
                  9.32@128 pedaling it half track
                  sigpic

Comment

Both sick rides!

Comment

sweet ride bro and that "mid life crisis" term imo is for people who have never had something like it and always wanted one and finally pulls the trigger not for somebody who has been involved all their life aka gearhead
                      RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride! Very nice
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...