My present to myself to celebrate 50 years of Mustangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My present to myself to celebrate 50 years of Mustangs

I've been looking at the new 2014s for the last few weeks. I test drove one 3 weeks ago and started working over the wifey that night to let me buy one. A little background...I've been daily driving my 2004 suburban for 10 years now and my wife has had 2 new vehicles since then. I pulled out the sob story to her and told her it's my time to get a new car. I just put a new transmission and tires on my suburban, so I wasn't about to trade it in, it's been a great vehicle. I'm just tired of looking like a grandpa when I drop my kids off at their afterschool functions and all other activities. I decided I wanted something fun to drive. Call it a midlife crisis if you want, I'm 38 years old and have driven a big freaking suburban for 10 years. I'm entitled to a new spoil LOL.

The car I drove at my local dealer was a 2014 GT Premium, A6, silver in color with 18" rims. It was fast as hell, very comfortable, etc... but IMO silver with silver wheels just looks too plain to me. The dealer was willing to knock the price down extra since it was a car he had on the lot, but after much deliberation between me and my wife, I decided if I'm gonna spend this much on a 2 door car, by god I'm going to get the color and wheels I want! Dark red metallic type color is my favorite on hot rods as can be seen by my race car and a couple of my previous cars where paint color was an option for me.

The car I wanted ended up being at a dealership in Longview, TX 221 miles away. Since I wanted to be the one to put the first miles on the car, I rode with my salesman and drove the car back to Baytown late last night. 230 miles, Average speed around 80 with a few 100+ blast, and 22 mpg on 87 octane gas. Not too shabby.

Ruby Red 2014 GT Premium, A6, 3.15, Shaker, leather, etc... I kind of like the wheels, they play a mind trick on you, one minute they look like the west coast choppers cross, next they look like a plain 5 spoke style wheel. I am very glad I chose to spend the extra $1500 to get the Ruby Red and better wheels, the car looks so much better than the plain jane silver GT premium they had on the lot and wanted me to buy.

And the race car just because I like showing it off...

Carl S.
    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
    sigpic

Nice. You're going to love it.

Comment

At first I felt bad for you about the suburban until i saw the notch. Neat purchase I like the color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. I'm loving my 14 ruby red gt.

Comment

I really love your notch. I miss mine

Comment

I love both cars!
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
              At first I felt bad for you about the suburban until i saw the notch. Neat purchase I like the color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
              Yeah, I knew there had to be a catch for him to drive the 'burban while she gets not one, but two new cars.

Nice score man, enjoy!

Comment

Looks good! But I do like the clean look of the silver color too

Comment

Damn nice car. I saw this color up close on a 2014 F-150, Explorer and Stang, it was fucking nice.
                  I would go ahead and paint the bottom of the Fox the same color.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Wait, so you get to keep the race car and get a new car? Do teach!

Comment

Nice! Just needs Zaino. I heard Rick Modena will help too, just ask him.

Comment

87 octane? They don't require premium?

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          87 octane? They don't require premium?
                          Nope, they have some "smart" knock sensors that will de-tune to run on 87 octane and give you 392HP and if you run 93 octane you get 412, this is on the 11-12 5.0, I haven't looked at the numbers on the 13-14's but I'm sure they are real similar.

On a side note, I have noticed that running 93 octane gets me better MPG's as long as I'm not into the throttle too much...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Nope, they have some "smart" knock sensors that will de-tune to run on 87 octane and give you 392HP and if you run 93 octane you get 412, this is on the 11-12 5.0, I haven't looked at the numbers on the 13-14's but I'm sure they are real similar.

On a side note, I have noticed that running 93 octane gets me better MPG's as long as I'm not into the throttle too much...
                            well that's badass!!

Comment

Awesome color, and good choice on the auto!
                              2012 FX2 ecoboost------2013 Boss 302

Past vehicles: 4 93 cobras, 96 cobra, 99 cobra, 3 03-04 cobras, 8 fox bodies, 3 94-95 gt's, 04 Lighting, SVT contour, 02 Saleen, 2 03 Mach 1's, 02,03,05GT's, 01,08 bullitt, 65 Coupe, 07,11SI, 11 HD f150,06 Silverado SS,07 TBSS, 2012 Boss 302, 2013 GHIG GT

Comment

Working...
                              X