Tesla Model S Saleen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I've driven the slowest Model S they make and it's still one of the most favorite cars I've ever driven. A hot rodded one would be even better, and that looks fantastic.

I'd be driving one right now if I could afford it.

Comment

that looks fucking KILLER

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I'm onboard with electric sportscars. Thought about electric swapping my truck till I priced it. Over $5k ouch!
          Build a high horsepower 2.3 and see how expensive that gets.

Comment

Originally posted by 76 Maverick View Post
            Build a high horsepower 2.3 and see how expensive that gets.
            Tis true.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Battery technology will soon get to a point where the range of a full charge will be about the range of a tank of gas.

Comment

i'll take the non saleen version.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I like it, and just like everyone else in here would be driving one if I could afford it. Luckily, the people who buy in now are paving the way for lower-cost versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                    Battery technology will soon get to a point where the range of a full charge will be about the range of a tank of gas.
                    How far do most 400hp full sized sedans go on a full tank? A 2014 SS is rated at 14mpg city, 21hwy and has an 18.8 gallon tank. So straight city it's good for 263 miles but straight hwy at reasonable speeds it's good for 395. Under worst case conditions a Model S with the bigger battery can go 300 miles. Factor in massive amounts of 635 traffic and the Tesla will still go pretty much the same distance.

A Hemi Charger actually does a little better according to Mopar and has a slightly larger tank. An S7 has around the same power and does even better still at 17/27 with a 19.8 gallon tank but requires premium. They all get around 300 miles on a full tank, which is what Tesla was shooting for. On long stretches of hwy driving the gas engines are still going to be a better option but at it's possible with an EV now. Five years ago you'd have been nuts to try a cross country trip in an electric car.

Now factor in that it's going to cost $15-$20 to recharge the Tesla, assuming there isn't a free Supercharger station around vs 19.8 gallons of 93 octane and you start to see the advantages. Not to mention no more oil changes, water pumps, hoses, belts, transmission fluid changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      How far do most 400hp full sized sedans go on a full tank? A 2014 SS is rated at 14mpg city, 21hwy and has an 18.8 gallon tank. So straight city it's good for 263 miles but straight hwy at reasonable speeds it's good for 395. Under worst case conditions a Model S with the bigger battery can go 300 miles. Factor in massive amounts of 635 traffic and the Tesla will still go pretty much the same distance.

A Hemi Charger actually does a little better according to Mopar and has a slightly larger tank. An S7 has around the same power and does even better still at 17/27 with a 19.8 gallon tank but requires premium. They all get around 300 miles on a full tank, which is what Tesla was shooting for. On long stretches of hwy driving the gas engines are still going to be a better option but at it's possible with an EV now. Five years ago you'd have been nuts to try a cross country trip in an electric car.

Now factor in that it's going to cost $15-$20 to recharge the Tesla, assuming there isn't a free Supercharger station around vs 19.8 gallons of 93 octane and you start to see the advantages. Not to mention no more oil changes, water pumps, hoses, belts, transmission fluid changes.

15-20 to charge? What are your rates? Off peak here in arizona it would cost 3-4 bucks to fully charge.

Comment

Working...
                      X