Tesla Model S Saleen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
    There is so much ingenuity and technology in these things. I'm going to have to study up on them. The thought of having one does interest me. There is no way I could afford one, though. Then again, I can't afford a new gas powered car either.
    Maybe you can. Read the info from the link below.

More on regenerative braking.

sigpic

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        I'd love to see someone drop an S-model powerplant into a Festiva.

Brent talks about a dog fucker, response is about Festiva's. Is there something about Don we should all know?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Brent talks about a dog fucker, response is about Festiva's. Is there something about Don we should all know?
          Instead of living an hour west of all the fun I'm two hours south now. I had to give up my position at the in crowd table so I don't know. Don was being negative nancy so I just assumed he was talking about him.

Comment

Instead of living an hour west of all the fun I'm two hours south now. I had to give up my position at the in crowd table so I don't know. Don was being negative nancy so I just assumed he was talking about him.
            Naah. Svo855, who was an engineer but is no longer tried to make an electric car with wheelchair batteries that didn't work worth a fuck, said that electric cars were essentially just a flash in the pan and would never work because the technology in electric cars hasn't advanced in 30 years.

Comment

Finally someoen figured out that if you make an electric car LOOK sleek and badass and not like some fucked up playskool scooter people will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Naah. Svo855, who was an engineer but is no longer tried to make an electric car with wheelchair batteries that didn't work worth a fuck, said that electric cars were essentially just a flash in the pan and would never work because the technology in electric cars hasn't advanced in 30 years.
                Bingo.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

How much do they charge for a charge? I think the concept is incredible. If I could swing one, I'd do it.

Comment

Well you know when the big 3 decide to build an electric car you end up with the GEM. They cost $8k but have a $6k federal rebate and the NHTSA gives you an all new vehicle class hoping someone will buy one to use around their neighborhood. There were dealers literally giving them away and people still didn't want them. They were 4 seater golf carts with seat belts and a government tax credit.

When someone like Elon Musk decides to build one though you end up with a product people actually want and a government that puts up road blocks.

Note that I don't think the GEM was that bad of an idea and they did kind of spawn the current side by side ATV market. Now that Polaris owns them they'll do a lot better but the original idea is never going to catch on.

Comment

When someone like Elon Musk decides to build one though you end up with a product people actually want and a government that puts up road blocks.

No shit. I still don't get why we "need" stealerships and why states are busy trying to keep him from selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        How much do they charge for a charge? I think the concept is incredible. If I could swing one, I'd do it.
                        I believe the Tesla charging stations are free. The plugshare stations range from $1-2/hr from what I've read.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I believe the Tesla charging stations are free. The plugshare stations range from $1-2/hr from what I've read.
                          That's pretty slick. I've seen the charging stations around and know it's a pay to play, but good on Musk.

Comment

The phrase was, "they are completely insurmountable problems that will never be overcome."

And I believe it was spoken about electric vehicle/chemical battery technology in general.
                            Last edited by jw33; 04-14-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              The phrase was, "they are completely insurmountable problems that will never be overcome."
                              I know, I was just giving a cliff's notes version of his stance.
                              And I believe it spoken about electric vehicle/chemical battery technology in general.
                              Did you leave a word out, or are you saying you agree with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                That's pretty slick. I've seen the charging stations around and know it's a pay to play, but good on Musk.
                                Think of it like wifi. There are lots of places that offer it but do you really need it? If you are walking around downtown Austin you'll have a very strong signal and tons of free wifi everywhere. However if you are Muskogee, OK there probably aren't too many free networks floating around. There is a McDonalds, Starbucks and a mall. If you needed to plug in somewhere you could do it, it wouldn't be ideal though.

They aren't trying to sell cars to people in Muskogee, OK though and odds are most people there wouldn't consider one anyway. However people that live in DFW, Austin and Houston could easily use one. Especially if it's going to be a second or even third vehicle. Owners are going to visit hotels and restaurants because they offer charging just like lots of people visit Starbucks for free wifi.

Comment

Working...
                                X