Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Model S Saleen

How about that.

For years, Saleen has been in the business of helping various Ford Mustangs and other cars be all they that can be through extensive tuning. A few months ago we heard they would start adding electric cars to their repertoire starting with the Tesla Model S. Now we know what it will look like.

Saleen over the weekend released the first renderings of their take on the Model S. It's pretty badass, basically. It packs lots of carbon fiber, a new front and rear aero kit, huge wheels, optional "Orange County Orange" paint (What did you expect, "Orange County Green"?), and ceramic brakes. Not bad.

The big question is this, however: How fast will it go? The Viper-spanking Model S Performance is no joke in the speed department, so we can only imagine how fierce it will be once Steve Saleen gets his hands on it. Unfortunately, he's being coy at the moment about what performance enhancements it will get:

"And as pleased as I am by the aesthetics seen in these renderings, perhaps the true Saleen mark will be best exhibited by the mechanical enhancements that will only be seen as the live vehicle hits the streets this summer," added Saleen.

Well, now we have something to look forward to.

For years, Saleen has been in the business of helping various Ford Mustangs and other cars be all they that can be through extensive tuning. A few months ago we heard they would start adding electric cars to their repertoire starting with the Tesla Model S. Now we know what it will look like.

sexy.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

And you'll be able to drive it from Miami to Boston and then to Seattle without paying a cent for fuel or electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

And you'll be able to drive it from Miami to Boston and then to Seattle without paying a cent for fuel or electricity.
        And stopping every 150-180 miles for 20 minutes minimum (praying to god that there isn't another guy using the charging station)... It'll be like the fucking Grapes of Wrath.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          And stopping every 150-180 miles for 20 minutes minimum (praying to god that there isn't another guy using the charging station)... It'll be like the fucking Grapes of Wrath.
          Good thing Al Gore invented the internet. The stations are all networked and your car keeps tabs on where the closest available spot is. These are the free stations provided by Tesla. There are other pay stations going up all over the place. The grand vision will have a station at every Walgreens and Holiday Inn in the country at some point.

You can stay for an hour and go 300 miles.

Comment

Insurmountable problem solved.

Comment

This thread needs more criticism from our resident engineer/dog fucker.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                LOL. That, or you hit a traffic jam and your batteries go dead.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  This thread needs more criticism from our resident engineer/dog fucker.
                  I'd love to see someone drop an S-model powerplant into a Festiva. It'd probably go 1000 miles on a charge and do 0-60 in two seconds. People would still find something to complain about though.

You know like how real cars should have 3 pedals, I like to feel the engine's powerband, I don't ever get to adjust the valves, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    How is this any different than being in a gas powered vehicle and running out of fuel? Well actually it is different, you can sit in the Tesla for 50+ hours with the electronics and a/c blowing before it goes dead. How long will a 5.0 Mustang idle on a full tank with the a/c on?

Comment

so Saleen is gonna slap a few stickers, emblems, and interior stitching and call it a day?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        How is this any different than being in a gas powered vehicle and running out of fuel? Well actually it is different, you can sit in the Tesla for 50+ hours with the electronics and a/c blowing before it goes dead. How long will a 5.0 Mustang idle on a full tank with the a/c on?
                        Hmm 50 hours. That's a long time. At least with a gas powered vehicle, there is a gas station close by. But, 50 hours is an awful long time to cover unexpected delays.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          Regenerative braking solved this to some extent.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm onboard with electric sportscars. Thought about electric swapping my truck till I priced it. Over $5k ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                              Regenerative braking solved this to some extent.
                              There is so much ingenuity and technology in these things. I'm going to have to study up on them. The thought of having one does interest me. There is no way I could afford one, though. Then again, I can't afford a new gas powered car either.

Comment

Working...
                              X