Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy mods his car with an arcade coin start

Okay, this is pretty original.

Welcome, friends, to the best Miata mod I have ever seen.

It should come to no surprise that this car is the 8-Bit Miata, the little dorifto MX-5 currently sliding around the tracks of the Southwest. Now watch the magic happen.

I still am not totally clear how exactly they got this mod to work, but setting your car up to run only when a circuit is completed is relatively simple, and adding a coin start to the mix shouldn't be too hard for the 8-Bit Miata team, lead by a former electronic technician.

TofuDriftVan explains how the setup works in the YouTube version of the above clip, and that it's still a bit of a work in progress.

We thought it would be a cool idea to have a pair of coin slots on the dashboard to simulate the feel of an arcade machine. We are still waiting on the arcade style "Player 1" button so we can wire it to the actual engine start.

Also the arcade door will double as a racing switch panel for the fuel pump, fan, etc.

Lol Very cool
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

..gay

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
        ..gay
        It's a miata, dude.
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

That is hilarious!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Not that impressive and easy to fake. Have it start on its own once the coin is dropped then get back to me.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Working...
            X