Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got to hang out with some CV-22 crew today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to hang out with some CV-22 crew today.

My company mfg's some components for the V-22 Osprey and it's variants. Today the Air Force Special Operations Command stopped by an airfield about a mile from our building to re-fuel on a trip from Florida to NM. Super nice guys. Allowed us to bring out kiddos out to check out the birds. They answered lots of questions about being CV-22 crew members and how awesome the Osprey really is.

I know many of the board members have probably seen these up close and personal but I wanted to share any way. I didn't get to snap as many pictures as I wanted because my 8 year old daughter was climbing all over the darn thing.

They ended up saying they were going to stay the night here because they had a hydraulic issue. You can see the left engine cowling has oil all over it.

Comment

Ohhhh that 50

Comment

Dang! I am right next door to you and that would of been really cool to see!

Comment

They are still there right now.

Comment

Who do you work for?
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Mayday manufacturing.
              Aerospace landing gear parts mfg. But we do LOTS of work for Bell Helicopter and the Air Force. Rotor head, tail rotor, mast and gear parts.

Comment

Nice. I saw it flying yesterday.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
                  Mayday manufacturing.
                  Aerospace landing gear parts mfg. But we do LOTS of work for Bell Helicopter and the Air Force. Rotor head, tail rotor, mast and gear parts.
                  Great!

I worked at TI/Raytheon and one of the systems I worked on was an oscillator assembly for the LANTIRN pod that was on the V-22. The system was built at the Raytheon McKinney plant
                  Mustangs previously owned:
                  1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                  1992 LX AOD
                  1993 LX Drag Car
                  1995 GTS
                  1997 Cobra
                  2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                  Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                  2016 Honda Accord Touring
                  2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post
                    Great!

I worked at TI/Raytheon and one of the systems I worked on was an oscillator assembly for the LANTIRN pod that was on the V-22. The system was built at the Raytheon McKinney plant
                    My dad just retired from TI. Worked at the mega center for years and finished out in Dallas/Kilby building.

Comment

Very cool. I miss working on those things... when I was at NGC I was a field engineer working DIRCM. That's a system with turrets on the ass end that shoots lasers at heat seeking missiles.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

I work on those now. Total garbage. We stood up late last year and got our first 4 aircraft in October. The most we've been able to fly at one time is 2. As soon as our guys fix something 2 more things fucking break on them.

Maybe the Air Force has the money and man power to keep them flying but we sure as hell seem to not.

I think we are right now in the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of Maintenance man hours per flight hour. And that's being conservative.

The other fully stood up units down the flight line say they keep 4 or 5 planes in the hangar to rape parts off of them to keep the other 6 or 7 flyable.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650
                        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                        X