Bimmer folks - wheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimmer folks - wheel question

Is this a factory M5 wheel or some aftermarket junk?

All of the other M5's have this wheel

I've been looking at M5's for something else to drive around town (to stop me from spending so much time in my pickup). Most of the 06-08 cars have the same mileage and are roughly the same price. This one sticks out because of the wheels. But they don't look like a factory wheel to me. I'm not sure if there were different factory option wheels available. Just wondering if it's some cheap shit thrown on there or if it's a quality wheel.

Thanks in advance for your wealth of knowledge.

I've never seen it before, and I've looked at M5's for a long time. BMW does make some "aftermarket" wheels that are high dollar. Might just be a factory upgrade after the vehicle purchase.

Comment

I've never seen any factory BMW wheel with the bolts/rivets/whatever around the rim like that. There are a couple of aftermarket companies that specialize in BMW wheels, and are marketed for specifically for BMW complete with the center caps, but they aren't factory wheels.

To add to that, those aren't factory wheel bolts either, they are all dark like in the stock photo. Either someone replaced the bolts for no reason, or swapped them out to match the aftermarket wheels better.

Comment

It looks a lot like a modulare wheel. Very similar to the m21.

Comment

Anleitungen, Reparaturen, Tipps & Tricks, Kaufberatung, Neuheiten. BMW-Treff - der Treffpunkt f?r alle BMW-Fans und -Fahrer. Besuche die Community jetzt
          Ded

Comment

i dont know but they look way cooler than that factory one you posted.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              I've never seen any factory BMW wheel with the bolts/rivets/whatever around the rim like that.
              Bmw has many OEM 2 piece wheels and even a few 3 piece ones. But I do not believe those pictured in the OP are OEM.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                Bmw has many OEM 2 piece wheels and even a few 3 piece ones. But I do not believe those pictured in the OP are OEM.
                I was noticing that when I did the search, but none of the modern wheels are.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  I was noticing that when I did the search, but none of the modern wheels are.
                  Style 71, 42, 77 and 75 are all newer-ish (04 up) modern OEM wheels that are 2 piece.
                  Ded

Comment

The wheels are definitely aftermarket, I've seen them before but can't remember who makes them, just positive they're not oem.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                      This
                      Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                      The wheels are definitely aftermarket, I've seen them before but can't remember who makes them, just positive they're not oem.
                      And this.

Comment

BMW Wheel

The only way to be 100% sure is, a BMW factory wheel will have the last seven digits of the part number stamped on it...usually where it can't be seen when mounted on the vehicle.
                        Last edited by prostock1; 05-14-2014, 05:19 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Working...
                        X