• Show
Clear All

• F35 Carrier testing

One cool as shit aircraft!

Yay for the Wasp....

Comment

Love how easy is makes landing look!

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance but did they build a new kind of aircraft carrier for these since they don't need a catapult? I didn't see a track at all.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

LHD = Landing Helicopter Dock

The USMC has been launching the AV-8B Harriers from the decks of assault ships for years.

Comment

Ahhh, thanks.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Talk to me Goose...

That plane is so awesome it makes it's own rainbows.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Steamy hunk of poo for the Navy to buy. One engine jets are not cool when it breaks 100 miles from the boat.

Other then that it's a badass plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                  Steamy hunk of poo for the Navy to buy. One engine jets are not cool when it breaks 100 miles from the boat.

Other then that it's a badass plane.
                  It does go against their two engine philosophy. I might add has served the Navy fliers well.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                    It does go against their two engine philosophy. I might add has served the Navy fliers well.
                    The A-7 was the last single engine jet the Navy had in operation. I have read a couple places that since the "engine does not fail" on the 35 it's an ok risk. Horse shit everything breaks and that is an expensive mistake. Only nice thing right now is they can't figure out the tailhook so it might get delayed.

**edit That is the Marines version under testing on a gator freightor.
                    Last edited by Couver; 04-02-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                      Whatever happened to “One is none, two is one” when it comes to shits that you have to bet your life on? "If it can fail, it will. If you can lose it, it’s lost. If it malfunctions, you won’t have time to fix it."

Very cool fighter jet, but I wonder how well it holds up in the sandbox...

Comment

They got through ww2 with single engines...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          I imagine the safety record of those planes are no where near today's planes. Not really a valid comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            Again I like the jet, it is a bad ass machine. I just don't like what happens when you lose it's only engine a long way from the ship. I bet it has the glide ratio of a well filled craftsman toolbox. We can always buy another jet but lost aircrew not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
                              Whatever happened to “One is none, two is one” when it comes to shits that you have to bet your life on? "If it can fail, it will. If you can lose it, it’s lost. If it malfunctions, you won’t have time to fix it."
                              Agreed, but here's where you lost me:
                              Originally posted by txminime View Post
                              Very cool fighter jet, but I wonder how well it holds up in the sandbox...
                              The sandbox we're leaving?
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X