My 68 Coupe, project in progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 68 Coupe, project in progress.

I posted this on the other board a while ago, I thought I'd bring it here.

I know how critical you guys can be but, fuck it, it went over well over on the old site so here goes.

My 68 Coupe with a 351w, TFS Twisted Wedge heads, Comp XE284 cam, T5 swap, Granada disc swap, former 200ci 6 cylinder 3 speed.

With Bullitts:

With the pro stars and DR's it usually has. In these I just backed it out of the garage I store it in at a place owned by my father in law, so I could put the 90 in the garage and work on it. I went home real quick to grab some tools and when I pulled in the driveway I thought it looked cool enough just sitting there in front of the old ass barn to take pics of. BTW, behind those barn doors rests a very nice Dark Ivy Green 67 Coupe we've been trying to buy from my in-laws for 10 years now.

And just so you don't think it's all junk, an engine bay and interior shot.

I know, it still needs a few interior things (nice steering wheel, new trim in the middle, pedal covers, and a decent console ( the fox one was cool at first, but I'm really wanting a Shelby console now), but it's still a work in progress and it's coming along.
    68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
    63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
    i call 1911 first then 911

I like it and I would roll it but I'm a dumpy kinda guy . I hope you don't drive on those bullits with the slicks up front .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I love that car.
      Jon

Comment

Fucking sick. Love it.

Comment

Just make sure you put about at least a four thousand dollar paint job on that when its time. Coupes just don't seem to look very good without great paint. But if they have it, they look freakin awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
            Just make sure you put about at least a four thousand dollar paint job on that when its time. Coupes just don't seem to look very good without great paint. But if they have it, they look freakin awesome.
            you're still a douche.

My 69 has a dicked up 2k job on it, and my 86 has a exelent looking $500 job on it. Quality is what matters, not price.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              you're still a douche.

My 69 has a dicked up 2k job on it, and my 86 has a exelent looking $500 job on it. Quality is what matters, not price.
              I love your 69! I'd be thrilled if mine looked that good.

It's nice enough outside that I think I'm going to take it out and get lost on some back roads.

I think its cool that people like it, even though it looks like shit.
              63 Fairlane

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
                I love your 69! I'd be thrilled if mine looked that good.

It's nice enough outside that I think I'm going to take it out and get lost on some back roads.

I think its cool that people like it, even though it looks like shit.
                Thanks bro! I did mine the wrong way, working outside in. I'm diggin your engine bay and powerplant at the moment. Stay tuned, we've been getting a few things accomplished the last few weeks.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

you're still a douche.

Yeah ok tell that to the 86 that looks way better than yours. Obviously quality matters dumbass

Comment

Engine looks good man. I know what it is to build a classic on a budget, and you've certainly spent the right dollars on the power plant. If it were me, I'd scrape together about a grand and spend half of it on little interior stuff that'll really improve the looks and driving experience, and spend the other half to get the cheapest even color on the outside and enjoy. There's always time to do the body work right, but I've found it's really nice in the mean time, to get it somewhat presentable and reasonably shiny, and you won't have to feel bad about it rolling around in primer.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Engine looks good man. I know what it is to build a classic on a budget, and you've certainly spent the right dollars on the power plant. If it were me, I'd scrape together about a grand and spend half of it on little interior stuff that'll really improve the looks and driving experience, and spend the other half to get the cheapest even color on the outside and enjoy. There's always time to do the body work right, but I've found it's really nice in the mean time, to get it somewhat presentable and reasonably shiny, and you won't have to feel bad about it rolling around in primer.
                      I've actually been thinking lately about doing exactly that. I'm just so tired of it looking like that. It's actually black primer, and it looked good for a while after we did it, but obviously it looks like shit now.
                      I'd be happy with a 50 footer right now. I'm going with Lime Gold.
                      63 Fairlane

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                        Yeah ok tell that to the 86 that looks way better than yours. Obviously quality matters dumbass
                        I dont feel like going into all the reasons your post doesnt make a lick of sence, but MY 86 looks great, and the paint job was $525.

See for yourself.

Comment

I dont feel like going into all the reasons your post doesnt make a lick of sence, but MY 86 looks great, and the paint job was $525
                          Where did you get that done? PM if need.

Thanks,
                          Sean

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Where did you get that done? PM if need.

Thanks,
                            Sean
                            Nah, it wasnt really a hookup deal or anything, and the OP might want to check them out.

*they didnt do any bodywork, and since the car was in good shape, it was pretty much a scuff and shoot kinda deal. Anything other than that, or maybe even a hardtop, might cost a bit more. I am not affiliated wtih them, just a satisfied customer.

It was done at Titan P&B in Garland.

Comment

Nah, it wasnt really a hookup deal or anything, and the OP might want to check them out.

*they didnt do any bodywork, and since the car was in good shape, it was pretty much a scuff and shoot kinda deal. Anything other than that, or maybe even a hardtop, might cost a bit more. I am not affiliated wtih them, just a satisfied customer.

It was done at Titan P&B in Garland.
                              I did hook you up on that job. It would be $700-800 job for anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X