COTA vids with BMWCCA - full session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COTA vids with BMWCCA - full session

Here's a 28 minute session in the instructor group where I was asked to take a guy who has Stage 4 cancer for a ride. I was honored to do so. Car ran perfectly over 200 track miles this weekend at COTA:

Here's another 24 minute session with a good cat/mouse with a highly modded 427 red C5 hardtop driven by a good driver towards the end of the session. I let him by when I saw a blue flag as I was confused how in the world I was holding anyone up. It certainly wasn't directed at me I realized later. I ended up catching up to him and passing before the end of the session, damn the oil and coolant temps.

I'll have some more sessions up later on Youtube for anyone interested. Just visit my page.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Great videos ! Nice car and good to see someone getting the most out of a zr1

Comment

Very nice.

What are the details on your car?

Are most track drivers as friendly as you?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        Very nice.

What are the details on your car?

Are most track drivers as friendly as you?
        Details are in the vid. Race seats, harnesses, poly bushings, camber kit, SRF brake fluid, Finspeed wheels, and continental slick scrubs. Engine, suspension, brakes, and rest of car are otherwise stock.

I'd say 98% of the guys out at track days are very friendly. We are all car nuts and like to drive fast, so there's a lot to bond over between track sessions. That 2% encompasses egomaniacs, jerks, brand snobs, and otherwise unfriendly people. Pretty rare though.

Thanks for the kind words.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

thats awesome! why are your dash lights seem to be flickering on and off?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              It's the refresh rate of the readout screen that causes that.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

It's the camera or your monitor. My dash lights don't flicker.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  It's the camera or your monitor. My dash lights don't flicker.
                  well then...

Comment

Nice car and very cool of you. Kudos sir!

Comment

Nice vids. My friend was out there too and blew a motor.... =\
                      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                        Nice vids. My friend was out there too and blew a motor.... =\
                        Details? I didn't hear of any engine failures. Was he racing or just doing the DE?
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

well then...
                          I wasn't try to being rude, sorry about that. I think Adrock knows more about it than I do. I guess the refresh rate on the monitor may causing the light flickering effect???

I'd go completely nuts if my dash lights flickered when I was driving the car and probably have an epileptic fit. Not to mention, it would indicate an electrical issue in the car which isn't exactly safe driving fast on the track.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Nice video, wish I could have made the event, NASA at COTA in 2015???
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                              I wasn't try to being rude, sorry about that. I think Adrock knows more about it than I do. I guess the refresh rate on the monitor may causing the light flickering effect???

I'd go completely nuts if my dash lights flickered when I was driving the car and probably have an epileptic fit. Not to mention, it would indicate an electrical issue in the car which isn't exactly safe driving fast on the track.
                              haha no problem. i'd go nuts, too

Comment

Working...
                              X