Cobra cleanup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra cleanup thread

Just a starter thread right now. I started cleaning up the cobra earlier this month. Doing new carpet, mgw shifter, mgw e-brake handle, custom shifter and ebrake boots, mgw composite shift knob, new pedal set, and mgw license plate frame for starters. That stuff is in the mail so I started to take the cobra apart. I've pulled all the carpet out and started to clean things individually. Also, I'm putting in dynamat while the interior is out. Anyway, here's the small stuff I've done so far:

Pulled the center console and cleaned it up

DISCLAIMER: I know this part is a repost. Maybe the first partial repost in dfwMUStangs history?

Before:

After:

Also pulled the old carpet out to put new carpet in

Annnnnd, I've already started recouping some of the cost of this project

New pedals for the car

Got the new ebrake/shifter boot.

I'll update this thread as I get further along.

Comment

Dynamat before carpet reinstall!

Comment

Yep. Picking up the dynamat today. Not really excited about putting it in but I will be when it's done.

Comment

79 cents. nice
          If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Total cost was about a grand so far... Not a bad rate of return.

Comment

Lol! My 04 GT had the same hole in the carpet at like 60k miles!
              68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
              63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
              i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Were those pedals just the covers or direct replacements?
                2006 Z71 CCSB
                2004 Mustang GT - SOLD
                2003 F-150 - SOLD
                2000 Ford F-250 - SOLD
                1987 GT - SOLD
                1971 F-100 - SOLD

No more Fords

Comment

Their direct replacement covers that came on the bullitt originally.

Dude, I gotta give you props for doing shit that most people won't. They'll get a car that needs all kind of cosmetic restoration and then spend their money on billet door handles or something gay like that. Very well done.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

What seats are you running

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                      Their direct replacement covers that came on the bullitt originally.

Dude, I gotta give you props for doing shit that most people won't. They'll get a car that needs all kind of cosmetic restoration and then spend their money on billet door handles or something gay like that. Very well done.
                      I appreciate it man. I'm just ready to have it back together at this point. Still have to do a few things on the exterior (polished catback, new 3rd brakelight, etc.) but it's coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                        What seats are you running
                        They're corbeau (cr1's if I remember correctly). Very comfortable but I am going to get rid of them and get lg1's sometime down the road.

Comment

Nice civic BTW.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Buglemintoday View Post
                            Were those pedals just the covers or direct replacements?
                            They're re-pops because I couldn't find ford racing pedals until after I bought those but they're identical to the factory equipment that came on the bullitts and cobras. The pedals come down and are covered by those or something like it on all mustangs. The pedals that are on the 99-04 mustangs just pulls off with a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                              Nice civic BTW.
                              From my photobucket or from the pedal pic? It's a decent little beater. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X