RC thread. Dirt oval.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC thread. Dirt oval.

So here lately with our new track taking off with great success. I have ton's of photos if you guys would like to see more of our dirt oval stuff. And if you guys are ever this way I'd love to trade slide jobs with you.

We have a hobby shop on site, We have three track's total, upper left flat oval, middle is a banked oval, we call it "Little Bristol" and bottom is our offroad track.

Took 3rd this night, still went home with some decent money, #4 gold car*

Took 1st this night, I have the gold car. This is our vintage class. Class is becoming our biggest class.

Our two day event of the Texas vs Oklahoma, Total for a Saturday we had 91 entries.

And not all pictured but we had 93 entries the first day. not a bad turnout.

Comment

Comment

Dude that's bad ass.
        All those '55s are pretty cool.

This dude on my street has turned his front yard into a dirt track. It's insane.
        It started out with two small jumps. Now there is no grass, several large jumps, and a plywood backed banked turn with an embarrassing attempt at "Traxxas" stenciled on it.

He has a tiller attachment on a weedeater to till it daily.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

yee fuckin haw!!

Comment

The 55's started out then came the 56 ford, I was first to get my hands on one. Red 33 is me and another 56 in the black.

I built this car for a buddy of mine, it turned out great. his driving, that's another story.

Rich Lowry's car.

Comment

looks like some fun
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

That's badass. I raced the dirt oval at wild bills in Dallas for years. 1/8 scale buggy was my favorite but also did 1/10 2wd truck and monster truck. Monster truck was pretty comical.

Sent from my Note 3, excuse the typos.......

Comment

dang, that look like a big turn out for Lawton OK

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

are the vintage cars 2wd or 4?
                    I have an SC10 that I run every now and then, flat track sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      That's badass. I raced the dirt oval at wild bills in Dallas for years. 1/8 scale buggy was my favorite but also did 1/10 2wd truck and monster truck. Monster truck was pretty comical.

I raced the 1/10 gas truck class there and it was a blast. I'd race there then head over to Regal Row and race my Camaro. It got a little ridiculous one month though when I looked at my credit card statement and spent almost $700 at Wild Bills. Granted it was an exceptional month where I broke almost everything but still though it was ridiculous for a toy.

I still have a GT an 18T, Revo and a Mini T. I haven't touched any of them since I got into ATVs though.

Comment

Yep the money is why I stopped too. Went into the hobby shop one night and bought a brand new $120 pipe for my 1/8 scale and the first race with it I got t boned and the new pipe was smashed to hell. I packed up and never went back.

I still have some stuff but bash more than race. Tried at mikes a few times and had fun but still expensive.

Comment

Fuck this makes me want to borrow my buddy's tractor and make a track next to the shop. Id never get anything done then!
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Oh yeah I also have an OFNA Ultra GT but of course it's in 50+ pieces right now and will never go back together. I watched some 1/8 scale off road racing one night and decided they were a little too sketchy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              are the vintage cars 2wd or 4?
                              I have an SC10 that I run every now and then, flat track sounds fun.
                              The Vintage is 2 wheel drive, as well as modifieds. The late model class is 4 wheel with no motor limit, those cars are stupid fast. You should come down at the end of this month we are having a big two day event at our Trykes and Tread carshow, we are building an oval with an offroad course through it. Already have 70 plus entries for each day.

Comment

Working...
                              X