Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Severely underpowered turds!!!

I ran a white one in my Mark VII and put multiple lengths on it. There are many other "sporty" cars that you can come out of the closet with.
    The one I raced couldn't pull away from my Focus

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      ... an SVT Focus?

LMAO! That fucking Focus...I thought it was fast until I got in a real car. 170 FURIOUS HP in that damn thing.

Comment

So did it end up being just the TOB that failed in the MS3, or was there more to it?
        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          LMAO! That fucking Focus...I thought it was fast until I got in a real car. 170 FURIOUS HP in that damn thing.
          Don't feel bad. I ended up buying another car last week. The woman refuses to traverse in my Festiva.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            Don't feel bad. I ended up buying another car last week. The woman refuses to traverse in my Festiva.
            I don't think anyone would blame her!

Comment

How can a car be both the best handling AND tail happy? If I'm at the track, the last thing I want is oversteer and a lack of rear grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                How can a car be both the best handling AND tail happy? If I'm at the track, the last thing I want is oversteer and a lack of rear grip.
                Well, actually, a bit tail happy is preferred by some, and given the option of push or over-steer, many would take over-steer.

EX: we were constantly pushing into corners, and having to do a lot of steering input to get the car around corners in our fairmont. One bandaid we used was to run a higher pressure in the rear tires to loosen up the rear end. While that worked, it was somewhat unpredictable. We recently added limiting straps to the rear suspension, and it now is a bit "tail happy" if your driving style is accustomed to throwing it into a corner. Two of our team thought it was excellent, and the car will rotate at will, the other two of us are still getting used to it.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I always prefer a car to break with oversteer than understeer.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I guess it depends on the amount of "tail happy" we're talking about. A small bit of oversteer is faster I suppose within reason...but the OP said "very tail happy". All of these terms are relative, but I will admit I set my kart up with the goal of neutral but slightly biased towards over steering. But it's far from tail happy.

It also depends on if you're focusing on fun driving or fast driving.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I always prefer a car to break with oversteer than understeer.
                      Absolutely!

Comment

The stability- and traction-control do a very good job of keeping it in line at any speed around a corner, but if you turn them off, you can slide the tail end out at will, at almost any speed. I guess "very tail happy" is not the proper phrasing; however, it seems like it is pretty well balanced and willing to do whatever kind of cornering you prefer.

Comment

Working...
                        X