A couple new 5.0's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple new 5.0's

After a few months of deciding what to get next, I ended up getting a new 14 GT 300A with the MT-82. Less than a month in to owning it, 1,2 synchros had already gone out, and evidentally the pressure plate backed off as well. Ford said there was no sign of abuse on the car and went ahead and warrantied the work.
    Only issue was that I had come home from Fort Carson on a 4-day and did not have time to wait for the work. Instead of sticking with the Chinaman special MT-82, I traded it in for an automatic CPO 2013 convertible, fully loaded with the exception of the nav screen. Certainly much happier even though the car is heavier and slower. They gave me what i paid for the 14 and an excellent deal on the 13. One piece d/s going on sometime this month when we are out of the field. 3" X pipe, GT500's, tune for 6000ft and suspension mods coming soon. Carbon fiber mirror cover, rear license plate surround are on order. That with tint and the spring should make it look nice. I'm thinking about getting the new CDC GT500 style grilles as well.

Old car

New slab

Last edited by Dlachance; 03-11-2014, 03:34 PM.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

I like the vert better
    Originally posted by Yale
    I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

x2

Comment

i like your font seat passenger in the red one

Comment

Ah, that's my little buddy, Molson. Awesome dog.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

haha that dog is loving life
            Big Rooster Racing
            1985 Mustang GT

Comment

God i hate the term "slab".
              sigpic

Comment

Nice cars. I also like the vert better.

But you are maybe the worst photographer that has ever lived. Holy shit dude. Bad light, shadows, poles, distracting background, a curb in front of the wheels - you got em all.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

He's certainly spoiled. Beef roast is his favorite.

The very is definitely a nicer car. I have a set of svtpp wheels that were going to go on the red car. The Brembo wheels do it for me on the very. Considering selling the stock grey/red brombos and going for the '13-'14 6pot brakes. Probably wouldn't get much for the stock brakes though.

I'm artillery, not photography!
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

But you are maybe the worst photographer that has ever lived. Holy shit dude. Bad light, shadows, poles, distracting background, a curb in front of the wheels - you got em all.
                    who gives a fuck about the quality!? i'm sure it's was taken with a phone

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      who gives a fuck about the quality!? i'm sure it's was taken with a phone

Anyone who is posting pictures of their car?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Anyone who is posting pictures of their car?
                        i guess

Comment

Really like the new one, don't see too many convertibles in the new body. I had several 12/13 gts and bosses and hated the manual in both (problems with all of them). Picked up a 13 auto gt last year and really liked it. The auto on the new cars is awesome!
                          2012 FX2 ecoboost------2013 Boss 302

Past vehicles: 4 93 cobras, 96 cobra, 99 cobra, 3 03-04 cobras, 8 fox bodies, 3 94-95 gt's, 04 Lighting, SVT contour, 02 Saleen, 2 03 Mach 1's, 02,03,05GT's, 01,08 bullitt, 65 Coupe, 07,11SI, 11 HD f150,06 Silverado SS,07 TBSS, 2012 Boss 302, 2013 GHIG GT

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Throw a carb on it

Comment

Originally posted by 96lasersnake View Post
                              Really like the new one, don't see too many convertibles in the new body. I had several 12/13 gts and bosses and hated the manual in both (problems with all of them). Picked up a 13 auto gt last year and really liked it. The auto on the new cars is awesome!
                              Indeed, newer convertibles are scarce.
                              The first thing that ticked me off was the inability to have consistent 3rd gear shifts. Then it began to start throwing itself out of first gearing when rolling out. Trash.

Does the boss have the same transmission as the GT? I drove a competition orange '12 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed the car; the exhaust sounds awesome and the seats are great.
                              Detailing by Dylan
                              817-494-3396
                              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X