• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all Jeffs fault.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I love her, but I will never love a woman enough to underwrite her existence. We split everything 50/50. If I bought her thousands of dollars worth of jewelry as a promise that we'd get married, she had better be ready to buy me an equal amount of shit I want.
      Eh, it's not quite like that. To some women it's not just a pile of money on their finger. I can't tell you how many times my wife has been laying in bed almost asleep and said, "shit, i left my rings on the counter" and gotten up to go put them on... in the middle of the night. Or leaving the house to go out to dinner, or even just a movie, sometimes she'll realize she left them in their holder at her sink as we're pulling out of the neighborhood and we have to go back to get them. It's not always a status thing or something to one-up friends - some chicks really do value that shit to the core. That's not to say you need to spend a shitload of bank, but to say that it's nothing more than a placeholder for a future event or whatever is selling it short.

The appraised value of my wife's wedding set could pay off my tahoe and part of her lexus, (granted, I didn't pay that much for them), but now there's no way I would trade the honest happiness it gives her for that cash.

Jeff, if you haven't already gotten a ring, PM me (assuming you are going to get her one lol) - I can prob get you a hookup. My wife, the wedding planner, has a jeweler that is awesome. We have gotten rings for two of my best friends for a good discount, so I'll bet she can do the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        You guys should just keep the 6 bichon frises Ben has, you'll be the perfect couple.
        Fuck that!
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Eh, it's not quite like that. To some women it's not just a pile of money on their finger. I can't tell you how many times my wife has been laying in bed almost asleep and said, "shit, i left my rings on the counter" and gotten up to go put them on... in the middle of the night. Or leaving the house to go out to dinner, or even just a movie, sometimes she'll realize she left them in their holder at her sink as we're pulling out of the neighborhood and we have to go back to get them. It's not always a status thing or something to one-up friends - some chicks really do value that shit to the core. That's not to say you need to spend a shitload of bank, but to say that it's nothing more than a placeholder for a future event or whatever is selling it short.
          This is true. I can't count how many times everything stops to make sure she gets her ring on and its just a cheap $1200 ring. She has to have them on. I really don't care if she wears it or not.

Comment

My wife is the same way, it means much more to her than the dollars spent on it. My ring is the first ring Ive ever had, and I have gotten so used to wearing it, it doesnt feel right not to have it on.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
              It's all Jeffs fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Valid rebuke of Yale.
                You're right dude. I'm being a little cynical.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  You're right dude. I'm being a little cynical.
                  Lmao. Not a rebuke, just a difference of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    The single first purchase I ever made on a credit card was an engagement ring. Something jumped the rails and First USA cancelled the account, and opened another one - without ever transferring the balance. I attempted to pay and they said it was zero balance. So I got a worthless rock for actual value!
                    ^Winning^
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Didn't watch the video.

I think the idea behind an expensive rock to wear on a finger is stupid. But a lot of what I'm into is stupid to other people, even her, and just as expensive, if not more. It makes her happy, so Fuck it. As ridiculous as it is, I don't want her to have to act proud or defend herself over a tiny, cloudy ring to all of the female coworkers, friends, and relatives that want to look at it or ask about it, and of course they do. Sure, she doesn't have to care, but why even put her in that position? And as much as I spend on my cars and other toys, it would be rude to cheap out on something that (like it or not) is pretty important in a chick's life. So again, I think it's dumb, but it's just money. I've done waaaaaaaaaaaaay dumber shit in my life.

Hell, I pretty much feel the same way about marriage, for what it's worth. Fuck it, might as well.

Comment

buying a house for the old hag is better.

Comment

I wanted to buy my wife a ring. I was living on the road and making ok money for the first time in my life. She was with me when I didn't have a pot to piss in.

It's nothing gaudy, but I was so proud to be able to give it to her and she's proud to wear it. She would have been fine with anything I gave her, and that's why I wanted to give her something nice.

Wedding gift was a pair of diamond studs. Rounded that shit out a couple years later with a nice pendant. She wears everything constantly, nothing is over the top, and it's not like they're going to wear out. For the rest of my life, the woman I love is adequately flossed out. Makes me fuck yeah quietly every now and then
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

You buy the woman a ring for the wedding and about the time you get tired of her, she gives you a ring. The rectal ring, which basically makes her kind of new for a few months.

Comment

Diamond Nexus labs, they are more money now but still cheap. I have had their product fool Jewelers and they make a great product at a fraction of the cost. Fuck buying real diamonds, I refuse to. If she doesn't like it then oh well.

Comment

One of the kids that works with me spent $27,000 on his wife's engagement ring. I told him he is fucking crazy.

What a ring appraises for is really complete bullshit too. You'll get that if you claim it on your insurance. Other than that, if you go to sell you are in for a god damn suprise, you will be lucky to get 20%.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X